johnny house

smackerquacker

johnny house

Post by smackerquacker » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:07 pm

I took an old round metal fuel barrel and turned it into my johnny house. Should hold 15 or so birds I would think. The feeder is designed from the less mess system and the waterer is handy because I have a couple water jugs with nipples and so I can just swap out jugs every few days or however long and the feeder holds almost an ice cream bucket full.

mtlee

Re: johnny house

Post by mtlee » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:41 pm

I've got something similar to this half built sitting next to my house...never finished it b/c the homers are working so well. I need to get it done, you may have just inspired me.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:43 pm

There is good information on JH, including the barrel version, on Uplandbirddog.com .

Greg J.

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:46 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:There is good information on JH, including the barrel version, on Uplandbirddog.com .

Greg J.
Yep, thats where I got my plans from.

smackerquacker

Post by smackerquacker » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:53 pm

That is where I saw it also but decided I wanted something bigger to hold more birds.

This is what I am using for my pigeons. I have V perches, nesting boxes, bobs and an aviary all on it now, and 35 pigeons in it. Hopefully to be a lot less real soon when I start using some. Some of my buddies thought it was going to get too hot in there but even in 100 degree days it isn't all that bad in there. I drilled some 1" holes in the floor for water to drain and if need be just go in there with a hose and let it have it. I think this weekend I am going to divide it so my shooters can be on one side and homers on the other. Real pain to try and catch just certain birds.