Elhew McDougal

Dwells

Elhew McDougal

Post by Dwells » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:33 am

Anyone have any information on dogs that have been sired by Elhew McDougal. Are they being run in trials or just hunting dogs ?

Southwind

Re: Elhew McDougal

Post by Southwind » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:54 am

I believe McDougal is owned by SingleShot Kennels. SinlgeShot is on the forum on a regular basis if you want to send him a PM.

Singleshot

Post by Singleshot » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:08 pm

If anyone wants any contact info on people with pups out of Elhew McDougal, you can email or PM me and I can give you some info.

ADAM

Pineywoods

Post by Pineywoods » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Dwells wrote:Anyone have any information on dogs that have been sired by Elhew McDougal. Are they being run in trials or just hunting dogs ?
Hi Dwells,
I have a 28 month old female off Elhew McDougal x Shotgun Hanna brown that I bought from Singleshot as a puppy.
She is a nice dog, runs a good race with a lot of bottom, good nose, lots of desire, steady on her birds from day one. She
runs on the small side of a shooting dog race. I don't trial so I've never tried to open here range up. I have a friend who
trials all age dogs who really likes her. He ask about breeding to her after seeing her run the first time (8 months old ).
Later told me he had thought about trying to buy her from me. He has even taken her and worked her off horse back for
me. He really likes her also. She's very athletic and is 43 lbs. People always tell me what a nice looking dog she is.

Hope this helps.
Benjie.

birddog44

Post by birddog44 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:54 pm

I am a good friend of Adams and I have a couple pups by McDougal that are as nice of birddogs as I have had. Good range, very intelligent, and stylish. I have really enjoyed them. I have watched Adam work McDougal and there is no better team to hunt with. Handles with precision and doesnt move on point. He listens well to Adam and Adam has the same trust for him.
You can call Adam and he has pups out of him at the kennel. He will also gladly work him for you. He has been offered some big money for him and to my knowledge and belief, he will take his last breath where he is now.
If you are looking for some nice pups, he should give you what you want.