Frog Pointing!!!!!!!

GSPVIZ

Frog Pointing!!!!!!!

Post by GSPVIZ » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:24 am

Every time I let the dog out back to do her business, she points the frogs that sit along side of the small water feature we have! It drives me nuts because she ruins all of my wife's nice flowers around the pond.

She is so busy with the frogs, that she forgets to use the bathroom!!!

Let me tell ya, I got a real character here!!!! At least it gives us a good laugh :lol:

EddieF

Re: Frog Pointing!!!!!!!

Post by EddieF » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:33 am

My last dog, a GSP, used to suck on toads. I'd take her out for a run and every now and then I would notice that she wasn't panting when she should be. I'd lift up her lips and see a little toad foot sticking out between her teeth. Open her mouth and the foam made this suction sound as her mouth opened and the toad would jump out, unharmed. Ol' Sierra foamed and drooled for at least ten minutes after that. I think she was hooked on hallucinogenic toads!

I miss that dog. :cry:

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:22 pm

EddieF wrote:My last dog, a GSP, used to suck on toads. I'd take her out for a run and every now and then I would notice that she wasn't panting when she should be. I'd lift up her lips and see a little toad foot sticking out between her teeth. Open her mouth and the foam made this suction sound as her mouth opened and the toad would jump out, unharmed. Ol' Sierra foamed and drooled for at least ten minutes after that. I think she was hooked on hallucinogenic toads!

I miss that dog. :cry:
I've got one that does that! And I swear the toads like it too. She just scoops them up gently and goes to la la land on the porch. I keep rescuing the toads (and the dog. it can't be good for her), but the critters keep coming back.

Aline
http://sitekreator.com/zzfarms
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:45 pm

And I thought that it was funny watching my male climb a 6 foot ladder and drop asian pears to my two females today. :lol: :lol: :lol:

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:49 pm

3Britts wrote:And I thought that it was funny watching my male climb a 6 foot ladder and drop asian pears to my two females today. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's how it starts :( He gets them hooked on the light stuff, then moves them up gradually until they are hard core toad-junkies. Soon those girls will be turning tricks for him. :cry:

Aline
http://sitekreator.com/zzfarms
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:27 am

My V must be a stick in the mud. No drugs. No gateway-to-drug pears. His vice is pointing box turtles. You ought to see it, he looks goooooddddd on box turtles.

The GSP's vice is skunks, but we won't go there.

Greg J.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:50 pm

Bell's a frog hunter also.... crazy...

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:28 pm

grant wrote:Bell's a frog hunter also.... crazy...
I can understand if from Bell. Most frog from Georgia swim in those pool of Georgia shine. Question is, can she see after a little nip? :wink:

GSP 4 me

Post by GSP 4 me » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:34 am

No frog pointing or toad sucking with my GSP, but he does love to pick fruit off the trees and invite anyone to a game of fetch. So far he's "harvested" lemons, oranges, plums, peaches, pears, apples, apricots and oh yes ....tomatoes too. The lemons and oranges are his favorite. :roll:

muddycreek

Post by muddycreek » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:30 am

"His vice is pointing box turtles. You ought to see it, he looks goooooddddd on box turtles" LOL got a GSP and Lab that are crazy about em. There is nothing quite like walking in on a nice point and kicking up a turtle. I thought I had the only turtle addicts around! Greg is there a therapy group for our dogs "sickness"?

gwgdog66

Post by gwgdog66 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:24 am

My two do the same thing. My male will get one between his paws lay down and lick away. The female picks them up tosses them in the are and catches them. Then both slobber foam and drool for about 15 minutes. I swear it is the same toad everytime.