bark collar recommends

eastwash

bark collar recommends

Post by eastwash » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:03 am

Will you tell me your experience with and recommendations for the different bark collars out there.
thanks
Two Faced Jake

BCA1228

Re: bark collar recommends

Post by BCA1228 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Seems like everyone likes the tritronics bark limiter. Apparently, I should have posted your question before I ordered mine. I ordered a sportdog today, then did a search on the forum for "sportdog bark collar" and some bad experiences popped up. It does seem like most with experience recommend the TT bark limiter.

gotblika

Post by gotblika » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:39 pm

Ive had a Tri tronics and dogtra yapper stopper and the dogtra is much better in my opinion.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:28 pm

Get one that is geared to the weight of the dog - not a 'general use" collar.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Nebraska

Post by Nebraska » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:16 pm

I'm looking at these as well but I've never heard the recommendation to match the weight of the dog to a particular collar. What collar would be good for a 50-60 lb. dog??

Southwind

Post by Southwind » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:59 pm

If you can still find one, I have had good luck with the Innotek rechargable model. They are small and light weight, but can handle a yappy Shorthair with ease. They also come with a longer set of probes for Britts and Setters.

Nebraska

Post by Nebraska » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:26 pm

This may sound stupid but would any of them also handle WHINING? My GSP has started the habit of whining when she hears me come home at night and it wakes up my wife. We put her out before bed so it's not an issue of NEEDING to get outside, and I'm fine with letting her out, but I just don't want her to whine while she's waiting for me to come upstairs..... :roll: