Transporting my Pup.

westexasrepublic

Transporting my Pup.

Post by westexasrepublic » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:08 am

I have done quite a bit of searching but only found one option....I want to find a better way of transporting my dog on a quad. I only found one dog box available for ATV;s that didnt have to be custom fabbed. If anyone has any suggestions, even something besides a standard dog box it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Soouthland's Duke of Hearts
Little Lady Maple

ImageEdit This PedigreeGet Your Free Pedigree Today! WEST TEXAS

NVgsp

Re: Transporting my Pup.

Post by NVgsp » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:12 am

we've strapped the dog's "pet porter" on the back and had no probs...
Chris

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:39 am

This is what I do,

I can carry 4 dogs at a time or 2 dogs and all my launchers, checkcords, collars, water, etc. I still have plenty of room for my son and I to ride along while we run them. You can pick up the turnbuckles at ANY hardware store and they will run you 3-5 bucks a piece. It takes 3-5 minutes to put back on and takes even less time to take off. I take this rig out into some pretty rough terrain and never had a problem, I wouldnt change a thing. If you still have any questions feel free to PM me.
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

westexasrepublic

Post by westexasrepublic » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:24 pm

I like the ideas so far... Topher did you build that dog box? if so can you PM me with some advice on that since I only want something half that size for one dog, Maybe two in the future.
Soouthland's Duke of Hearts
Little Lady Maple

ImageEdit This PedigreeGet Your Free Pedigree Today! WEST TEXAS

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:05 pm

No I didnt build it, but it works fine and was cheap. It was made by a company in KC, dont even know if they are in business anymore or their name! I traded two manual launchers for it some years ago. :lol: Shouldnt be hard to find SOMEONE that carries something similiar.
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:17 pm

When I was running two and three dogs at a time in NV, I had a standard crate bungee corded to the back. I could fit two Brits in the #300 and third on the roading bar. When we went ATV camping and I wanted to take a dog I dropped the size of the crate to #200 and she fit just fine.....31#'s of Brittany in the crate and the weight was distributed pretty well for wheeling.

NV GSP.....are you The CHRIS....Master Brewmeister of Washoe Valley???? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:13 pm

That looks like a Pro Built box on the ATV. www.probuiltproducts.com

NVgsp

Post by NVgsp » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:32 pm

Kiki's Mom wrote:When I was running two and three dogs at a time in NV, I had a standard crate bungee corded to the back. I could fit two Brits in the #300 and third on the roading bar. When we went ATV camping and I wanted to take a dog I dropped the size of the crate to #200 and she fit just fine.....31#'s of Brittany in the crate and the weight was distributed pretty well for wheeling.

NV GSP.....are you The CHRIS....Master Brewmeister of Washoe Valley???? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
nope, but he sounds way cooler then me. HA :D I'm all about a good brew, but i havent heard of anyone out in W. Valley doing it. obviously you know something that i dont :wink:
Chris