K-9 Skid Plate?

GSPVIZ

K-9 Skid Plate?

Post by GSPVIZ » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:24 am

I think I may need to get one of these for my Viz. She comes home from a couple of hrs in the field and she is all torn up on her underside. I guess that is what happens when you have very little hair there.

She is also the type that gets very cold in the winter here in NJ. Do they make a skid plate/coat combo unit?

PrairieGoat

Re: K-9 Skid Plate?

Post by PrairieGoat » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:42 pm

Yep...Cabelas has got one....saw it today on their website. Can't speak to the quality, but most things I get from them seem to be pretty good.

Randy

demi

Post by demi » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:22 am

I bought this one from Cabellas this summer--haven't used it yet, but the the quality is very good.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:10 pm

I've got a neoprene vest (Redhead I think/Cabella's) that has kevlar material on the bottom side. So far so good there. It's too heavy/hot to use right now. Ran into a farm store this morning and bought a cheapo Remington Skid Plate for visibility and protection as we took pup to public ground this afternoon. It fit well when putting it on, but I was not happy the way it works it's way back on the dog during movement, pulling on the top side of the neck, and gets tight on the shoulders. I would think at the end of a long day that it might rub raw or at least impede good gait, speed, and movement. So I guess I'm going to have to do some cutting, sewing, and improvising. But I also would be interested in one that fits proper and stays in place........... Denise