Anyone know where to find good deals on e-collars?

romeo212000

Anyone know where to find good deals on e-collars?

Post by romeo212000 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:31 am

I am probably going to buy a Tri Tronics G3. Not sure which model yet, so feel free to offer advice on that as well. Everywhere I have looked all have the same price for new ones so I was wondering if anyone knew of a secret place I might be able to get a good deal on one?

PowerPoint

Re: Anyone know where to find good deals on e-collars?

Post by PowerPoint » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:45 am

neverneverland.com :D

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:03 am

If your not in a big hurry check out the for sale posts on this site & others,some good buys come up once in while.

RoundRiver Setters

Post by RoundRiver Setters » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:35 am

Check out CoonRiver Kennels he gives GDF members a discount. He is one of the sponsors GDF, he has a link at the top of the page. I bought my Field 90 G2 from him. Call him and he will give you a quote...................scott
"To be good, a bird dog must give you goose pimples when he's working a bird." 'George Bird Evans'
Scott & Shelley

Heartlands Outlaw Jesse
Stevens Round River Babe
Setter Hills Blue Molly

Chief_dog

Post by Chief_dog » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:42 am

I agree with what vzkennels said. Watch the classified sections on various sites if you aren't in a hurry to get one right away. I looked around for a few months and found a great deal just a few weeks ago. I picked up a Tritronics Pro 500 G2 EXP with three collars new in the box for $550 shipped.

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:48 am

RoundRiver Setters wrote:Check out CoonRiver Kennels he gives GDF members a discount. He is one of the sponsors GDF, he has a link at the top of the page. I bought my Field 90 G2 from him. Call him and he will give you a quote...................scott
Thanks I'll give him a shout.

GSPVIZ

Post by GSPVIZ » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:07 am

I looked around a lot and came to the same conclusion (all retailers are the same price). I looked on the forum and eventually found a Pro 100 G2 exp with 3 collars for $450. It was in mint condition. They sell for $700 on the various websites and catalogs.

Good luck.

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:58 pm

Chief_dog wrote:I agree with what vzkennels said. Watch the classified sections on various sites if you aren't in a hurry to get one right away. I looked around for a few months and found a great deal just a few weeks ago. I picked up a Tritronics Pro 500 G2 EXP with three collars new in the box for $550 shipped.
I got the exact same collar coming for the same price. Did your collar come out of South Dakota?

Nebraska

Post by Nebraska » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:26 pm

romeo212000 wrote:
RoundRiver Setters wrote:Check out CoonRiver Kennels he gives GDF members a discount. He is one of the sponsors GDF, he has a link at the top of the page. I bought my Field 90 G2 from him. Call him and he will give you a quote...................scott
Thanks I'll give him a shout.
Good idea. I just bought a couple Dogtra Launchers from CRK and they were the best deal I could find and have great service too!!

anotherred

Post by anotherred » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:38 pm

I have to recommend Collar Clinic. I just got a reconditioned G3 upland sport at a very good price. The guy I talked to (can't remember his name off hand) was very helpful and nice. Like he said, " put the reconditioned one next to a new one and you won't tell the difference". Got it and hes right!!! Look new to me.
http://www.collarclinic.com/

adogslife

Post by adogslife » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:06 pm

If you are a NAVHDA member ask your chapter for a 35% off coupon.

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:10 am

Befriend a pro or anyone who does a lot of winning. E-collars are often awarded to the first place dog. We've practically given away collars still in the packages.
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"

Ditch__Parrot

Post by Ditch__Parrot » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:07 pm

anotherred wrote:I have to recommend Collar Clinic. I just got a reconditioned G3 upland sport at a very good price. The guy I talked to (can't remember his name off hand) was very helpful and nice. Like he said, " put the reconditioned one next to a new one and you won't tell the difference". Got it and hes right!!! Look new to me.
http://www.collarclinic.com/
Thanks for the info on Collar Clinic. I had never heard of them. Very nice prices on reconditioned units.

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:16 pm

zzweims wrote:Befriend a pro or anyone who does a lot of winning. E-collars are often awarded to the first place dog. We've practically given away collars still in the packages.
If you have any you want to contribue for a modest fee feel free to let me know.

jt807

Post by jt807 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:21 pm

I bought one a couple of months ago. I got it at the Cabella's in Phoenix, in their bargain bin. It was a factory refurbished unit.

I had a problem with it a couple of weeks ago. Not a big one, the wheel to select the stimulation level didn't ratchet or click at each level. It started turning smoothly. Still provided the correct stimulation for whatever level it was set at, but you had to look instead of feel. I contacted the factory, and they very quickly replaced it under warranty.

I bought the Cabella's brand collar originally. It was $150 but I had a 25% off coupon, so it was about $ 120. It was a piece of crap (made by innotek), so I took it back after a couple of weeks to exchange it. They had a bunch of G3 Sport Basics that had a normal markdown price of about $200, but someone had went through with orange stickers marking them down more to $150. They had a G3 Sport Upland that was on the rack backwards, that was marked down from the normal markdown of $300, that they also put an orange sticker for $150 on. I don't know if it was a mistake or intentional, but it was the only one. I, of course, bought it, and have been happy for it.

All Cabellas have bargain bins, I understand, so you might want to check there. In ours, it is upstairs by the cafe.

Plus, they are made in America, and since I am employed in America, that is important to me.

JT