empty-nesters

tmoneysju

empty-nesters

Post by tmoneysju » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:50 am

the wife and I dropped Tucker off at the kennel last night since we're leaving for a week long trip tonight. It's the first time that we've been away from him since we got him except for the time he ate what we thought was rat poison and he spent the night in the animal hospital for observation.

talk about a weird silence last night, I feel like an empty-nester with no dog running through the house bringing me toys every 5 minutes. Although I was able to take my shoes off and toss them in the middle of the living room floor without any fear for their safety.

GSP 4 me

Re: empty-nesters

Post by GSP 4 me » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:37 pm

I know what you mean. My wife and I had our dog with his trainer last year for three weeks......it truly felt like something was missing from our lives and it felt akward to see his empty dog bed. I think we missed him more than he missed us though since he got to work on birds every day. :lol:

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Re: empty-nesters

Post by wems2371 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:26 pm

My husband is going to be having that feeling soon. He left this morning for 8-9 days of deer hunting on a friends farm in southern Iowa. He THOUGHT he would take Roxi with him and maybe use her to track a blood trail. I WON and have both the fur girls for the week. Heck, even after a long day at work, I get jazzed as we're coming up the driveway and see them in the kennel. And by the way they bounce off the kennel panels, I think they're pretty happy to see us too. Have a safe trip! Denise