Garmin Astro tips or tricks

gunner

Garmin Astro tips or tricks

Post by gunner » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:56 am

I'd be interested if anyone would share any of their tips on using their Astro GPS? There are a lot of whistle and bells on this unit, do you use anymore than just the dog finding compass, etc..

lightonthebay

Re: Garmin Astro tips or tricks

Post by lightonthebay » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:56 am

Gunner, I use mine as a personal navigation system to find my way around in new territory. I use the city navigator software and a dash board holder for the GPS. It's a small screen compared to the NUVI or Tom Tom but it is useable. If you have an assistant in the vehicle to punch in and read points of interest it becomes even more useful.
You can also force your employees to wear the transmitter collar so you know if they are working when you otherwise can't see them (it shows them on point when they are "slacking").

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:11 am

You can also force your employees to wear the transmitter collar so you know if they are working when you otherwise can't see them (it shows them on point when they are "slacking").
:mrgreen:

ROFLMBO
Dіck

jsd245

Post by jsd245 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:51 pm

I've got one- you can load both the topo maps and the city navigator maps on the same SD card if its big enough. However the city navigator is the default top layer. To turn it off hit the menu button and got to "map setup". You"ll see some icons at the top of the screen, use the arrow keypad to highlight the i in the circle and hit menu. You can then turn the city navigator off or on and view the topo maps.

I may be an idiot but it took me forever to figure that out.

Neil Mace

Post by Neil Mace » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:38 pm

The loudest ringing bell is when you download the tracks to your computer. You can overlay your track and that of your dogs, it is telling me things I would rather have not known. Not sure what I am going to do with all this infor, but I am not sleeping much thinking on it.

Neil

RuttCrazed

Post by RuttCrazed » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:03 am

Neil Mace wrote: You can overlay your track and that of your dogs, it is telling me things I would rather have not known.
Neil
What didn't you want to know???

I think a good trick would be if they delivered the unit I ordered in August! :evil:

Rut

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:19 am

They probably can't find your house. :oops: :lol:

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.