a few pictures from the other day... ouch!

jbr03

a few pictures from the other day... ouch!

Post by jbr03 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:46 pm

here in FL the red ants can be a problem... just ask my dog as she stuffed her face into a big pile of them. she was COVERED in bites!
as you can see her eyes were almost swollen shut and shes got so many little bites on the top of her head. the picture of her leg just doesnt show the full extent of the welts she had. it was bad! gave her some benadryl and she was 100% after 2 days. just thought id share!

Brian

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Re: a few pictures from the other day... ouch!

Post by wems2371 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:51 pm

I had to keep looking from your precious avatar photo back to that swollen depressed doggie photo. Based on spots, I'm guessing it's the same dog. :lol: Poor thing. It's amazing the trouble dogs get themselves into. :roll: Glad she's better. Denise

Dennmor

Post by Dennmor » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:07 pm

jbr,
One of the things about FL. I won't miss!
I was cutting out some dead fronds from a palm when I felt and "funny" sensation on my leg. I looked down to see it covered with ants! I must have had a hundred of those pussie red bites (still have the scars from a few of them). :|
Glad to here the pup made it through OK. :)
dennmor
Rather hunt without a gun than without a dog!

Image Image Image

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:10 pm

My pup seemed to be drawled to the da$# fire ant hills. But at least he only got his nose in before I got him out. I bet she was a miserable mess for a while.
Dіck

jbr03

Post by jbr03 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:39 pm

denise- its the same dog. i seemed to remember sizing down a picture for my avatar was a pain 2 years ago, so i havent changed it. you would have thought she was a white sharpei the way her face swelled up though! its seems like its always something with the energetic dogs.

surprisingly enough she was hardly even phased by the bites. i was about to take off with my 2 year old nephew on the atv to take the dog for a run when she walked up looking like that. she was still just as crazy as ever, ready to go on a run of the 850 acres. she really didnt even scratch all that much either. which is weird because 8 out of 10 pairs of shoes i own are flip flops (ahhh Florida...) and im always getting lit up by those things, and i cant imagine getting bit on my face, ears, mouth, nose, everything... she took it like a champ. i got lucky though. maybe she actually learned her lesson... now only if i could teach her to watch out for the alligators...
Brian

jbr03

Post by jbr03 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:45 pm

and i just changed my avatar!!
Brian

EddieF

Post by EddieF » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:58 am

I was playing golf in Florida a long time ago, and while waiting for someone to hit their shot, I was just leaning on a golf club, like a cane. Well it was resting on an ant hill and I could not BELIEVE how fast and furious they climbed up that club and onto my hand and arm. By the time I noticed it they were already all over me! Very, very fast.

I feel bad for your dog, but Benedryl is a good product. Our Jack Russell got stung by a bee on his lip, gave him some Benedryl and it was gone in a half hour. I have to post his picture because it makes me laugh.

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:38 am

GSPVIZ - look familiar? Maybe it was ants your dog got into at the golf course you run it at?

hopefully the dog above will be feeling better soon!

GSPVIZ

Post by GSPVIZ » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:47 am

Yea it looks familiar. That was actually my friends lab that got the reaction. It sure was nasty.