PA Brittany Club Trial cancelled

Karen
GDF Junkie

PA Brittany Club Trial cancelled

Post by Karen » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:45 am

Sue Lehosky just posted this on the dual brittanys list. Thought it was worth cross-posting:

"The Pennsylvania Brittany Club walking trial scheduled for November 22 & 23 has been cancelled. Heavy snow has blanketed parts of western Pennsylvania, including the club grounds, and it's still coming down. Up in Erie, PA, where our trial secretary lives, they are now measuring the snow in FEET!
Hope to see you all next year!
Sue "
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

big steve46

Re: PA Brittany Club Trial cancelled

Post by big steve46 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:16 am

Who cares!! :lol:
big steve

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:22 am

That was a pretty pointless response. :D

Maybe you're not interested, but I do know there are members of this board that may have dogs entered in it (Jetto, MTO4Life, possibly Kiki'sMom), and there may be others that are not members of the dual brittany list where this was originally posted.
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:28 am

Thanks for posting, Karen. Yes...we were slated to judge that one. Guess it is no fun to plow through feet of snow on foot looking for birds, and the white dogs get lost in the contrast, the footing for the horses gets dicey and in general I suppose no one wanted to freeze their behinds off<GGG>

I'm bummed to not be trialling of course but happy to get to cuddle up on the coach now with some Cocoa to watch it snow this afternoon instead of catching horses and getting ready to go too.

Steve...YOU ARE BAD....behave yourself :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:00 am

I think you all should man up and put the snow shoes on your little runners and your selves. :wink: :wink: Turn it into a grouse trial. Test those pups noses. Find the grouse under the snow or in the trees. Just kidding. If it were not for global warming we would not be having all this snow all over the world. :? :?

I am looking forward to the first 6" of snow for my December grouse hunts. Love it. :D
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:08 am

Just seeing who all was awake. :lol:
big steve

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:20 am

big steve46 wrote:Just seeing who all was awake. :lol:
Disappointed. :(

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:04 pm

Yes, it is too bad it is cancelled. I heard it wasn't from the snow, but because there were complaints from other derby owners that my dog is now in peak physical condition, that they figured they would have to just award the blues to my dog!! :twisted: :D :wink: Oh I'm kidding...,(don't want people thinking I have the greatest dog... at least not yet... he he he). I have to have a sense of humour when spending money on my dog!!!

It is too bad as I really enjoy the game and like those grounds. I guess I'll wait till she's a broke dog to get back there! Hope you all are able to shovel out of this. There isn't any where I live yet, but yet is the operative word! Have a great weekend....

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:05 pm

35 inches ( no it's not a misprint) in Southwestern Ontario over the last 24 hours. Find the grouse??? I can't even find the dogs. :)
Last edited by Sharon on Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

shets114

Post by shets114 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:02 pm

Sharon, I was in London yesterday when it started. Hard to believe that in Guelph there was only an inch or so. The same goes here at home. Erie is getting buried and an hour south and we only have an inch or so.
I took the long way around towards Batavia NY and then south, hit 6 or more inches of snow in Bradford, PA.
Nice area up there in the great white north though...

Gary

zodiakgsps

Post by zodiakgsps » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:20 pm

Cancelled 'cause of the little bit of snow we got around here???????? Heck, we just got a dusting.......

Hey Helen, that's Taras' sire Buck in the pic, think we got a little snow here?? :lol: :lol: Still snowing out!! Need little snowshoes for the dogs so I can go grouse hunting tomorrow.......hmmmm, wonder if you can ski-jor/grouse hunt?? Maybe hitch them to a sled??

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:51 am

Brrrrr. We only got a dusting here in SW PA. But it is cold as all get out.....

GrouseSetters

Post by GrouseSetters » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:29 am

Ah, come on, what's a few feet of snow amoungst friends. The conditions were a little worse just east of the brittany grounds and they just kept slogging along. I prefer to call it "Setter Weather!"

Jeff

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:54 am

Ah, come on, what's a few feet of snow amoungst friends. The conditions were a little worse just east of the brittany grounds and they just kept slogging along. I prefer to call it "Setter Weather!"
I believe there is quite a difference between hunting conditions and trial conditions. Looks like it would be fun to hunt in and beautiful too.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

GrouseSetters

Post by GrouseSetters » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:50 am

Ezzy,

That picture was taken at a trial that was occurring last weekend in the Allegheny National Forest, just east of the Brittany grounds. I wasn't there, but know most of the people that were and they made the best of tough conditions. I was home recupping from judging the PA Grouse Championship which took nearly 6 days to complete, in cold rain and snow. I understand the reason why the trial was cancelled and just having a little fun.

Jeff