Loudest Beeper and train e collar

birddog

Loudest Beeper and train e collar

Post by birddog » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:50 pm

Probably been asked a million times but which e collar has the loudest beeper? I have a Dogtra and sometimes have a hard time hearing it when the wind blows or the dog gets into real heavy cover.

I hunted with a guy who had a DT and thought that beeper was much louder then my Dogtra.

OK! I know the first thing to go is the hearing and I guess I am at that stage, so please, HELP !!!

Janet

KY Grouse Hunter

Re: Loudest Beeper and train e collar

Post by KY Grouse Hunter » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:14 pm

I've got a Dogtra 2002 T&B and I think the beeper is too loud. I watch the expression on my dogs faces when that beeper goes off and they kind of wince because its so loud.
Sally's Branch Duke
Sally's Branch Copper

birddog

Post by birddog » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:25 pm

Mine is the Dogtra 2002. My dogs may range out a bit at times and I can't hear the beeper.

For example:

I was hunting today. The wind was blowing and we have snow on the ground. When the dog got into the heavy cattails and he got out a bit, I could not hear that beeper nor could my hunting partner.

There must be a louder beeper collar. I heard the DT beeper and it seemed much louder then my Dogtra? I just hate to invest unless I am sure I would be getting a louder beeper.

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:48 pm

i find my TT is loud enough for me on the low setting. i don't have much to compare it to except a lovetts which has a totally different sound. TT is higher pitched than the lovetts, i like the sound of the lovetts better but have a TT collar and like the remote locator.

gotblika

Post by gotblika » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:51 pm

doesn't the dogtra beeper face towards the ground?

nevermind 2500 is the one I'm thinking of.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:36 am

What about the dogs ears? I had a Sport Dog. I was leaning back in my chair at the table stuck the batteries in and was trying to turn it on then all of a sudden it did Hollly crap. I fell right over on to the floor. That was loud , it was on the hawk screech.

Are you having a hard time hearing where your dog is working or when on Point? I use a beeper on point mode only. On occasion I will use a bell and beeper if running two dogs. I have found it is not how loud a bell is but how it carries. I suspect it is the same with the beeper. I use the cabellas beeper only. It is not extrodinarilly loud. I can here it most days when in the grouse woods. There are some bell makers that know how to do this.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

Born2Hunt

Post by Born2Hunt » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:07 am

I use the DT on my dogs and i have never not been able to hear it.. The beeper curves back towards the dogs tail so it isnt an issue with their ears.. Great collar IMO.. :D