More Snow Day Pics

rockllews

More Snow Day Pics

Post by rockllews » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:41 pm

It's been snowing some more here in NE Oregon, so I thought I'd share some doggy snow day photos.

Two hours ago I measured the snow in the level backyard and it was 11 in. deep (it's still snowin' strong too). The rest of the property ranges from about 4 in. to 2 ft because of the landscape. The morning started out with my dad and I trying to get my mom's car back down from the driveway where it was stuck (had to get the tractor and shovels out to clear it more later). Bundled up in lots of layers, I got the rest of the chores done too. As soon as I was about to start baking, the girls guilted me into bathing them and bringing them inside. So right now, one is sleeping on the dog bed, the other is begging for food while my parents eat lunch, and poor old Jake is alone outside sleeping in the doghouse on the patio....

(By the way, I threw in a pic of Orion, my TB, who's been eating snow all morning, not for lack of water or hay either. I guess he likes it.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rockllews

Re: More Snow Day Pics

Post by rockllews » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:44 pm

Almost done posting :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rockllews

Post by rockllews » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:47 pm

Last One!

WiskeyJaR

Post by WiskeyJaR » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:43 pm

Great pics, the one of the dog on porch looks great...he sure looks ready to got in..lol

Thanks for sharing,
WiskeyJaR

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:51 pm

That's some snow all right! I like the pic of the dog tearing across the yard. Happy day! Happy Day!

Dogs can sure get excited by the snow.
G

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:09 pm

Neat photos. So how many snowflakes did your horse catch with his tongue? Thanks for sharing. Denise

Dennmor

Post by Dennmor » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:23 pm

The weather out side is frightful
But the dogs think it's just delightful
and since they enjoy it so,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...
ha,ha!

Nice pics, thanks,
dennmor
Rather hunt without a gun than without a dog!

Image Image Image

rockllews

Post by rockllews » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:33 pm

Happy Day Indeed :D And a fitting little jingle, Denmor. Although... Jake might have gotten frostbite on the tip of his tail. I'm keeping an eye on it today, but we'll probably take him to the vet tomorrow or Monday.

And Orion found out the tongue wasn't sufficient for snowflakes... he "grazed" the snow all day yesterday but has since gotten over the novelty of it.