Mutt vs. Porcupine..Guess who wins....

Scottyboy

Mutt vs. Porcupine..Guess who wins....

Post by Scottyboy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:39 pm

Here are a couple of pics that were sent to me that I thought I would share with all of you.

Now that is one hard-headed mutt!! :lol: :lol:

Image[/img]

TAK

Post by TAK » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:05 am

Been there done that about 2 times a year for the last few years!!!!!

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:19 am

OMG! That makes me ill.

Bird Dog 67

Post by Bird Dog 67 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:12 am

That has got to be the MOST disturbing porkie encounter pic that I've EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:35 am

holy cow. That dog could have all them pulled at once loss of blood would be too great. I dont know what I would do. That must be one bald porkie.

JakeDD

Post by JakeDD » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:13 pm

Did the dog take on one or a whole stinkin' village of 'em? :cry:

That is nuts! You can't even tell what kind of dog it is cuz you can't see it's face...I'm guessing the key to pulling these babies was SEDATION!!

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:29 pm

That's awful! Ryan's right, I don't think that porcupine has any left!
OUCH!!

TAK

Post by TAK » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:49 pm

[quote="JakeDD"]Did the dog take on one or a whole stinkin' village of 'em? :cry:

quote]

Funny!

TAK

Post by TAK » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:52 pm

Every year my Niki dog gets into at least one but most years 2 of them. Last year I took some bad advice and just let her live it out with the pins. Well she got infected. Her head was huge and I thouhgt at one point I was going to loose her. Plus the vet cost me more than if I would have done it right as it happened.!

The skunks are very welcome when it comes to pin throwers!

sdgord

porky

Post by sdgord » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:02 pm

That dog has the worst case of pine pig itis I have ever seen. We run into a few every year, more and more all the time. Always had em in the black hills but out on the prarie dont make sense. Only one tree every fifty miles.SDGORD
ps makes skunks look like a good thing

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:53 pm

:violent1: OUCH!!!

Britmandogs

Post by Britmandogs » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:26 pm

That is unreal. Every year my dog points one for me, and every time I burn him, then he is good for the year. In fact a couple weeks ago we were out working dogs and it was his turn and he locks on point right off a bullberry bush, knowing there weren't any birds in the area I knew it was a porky, but I had to be sure, nothing like crawling around looking for those suckers, makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

We have so many up here on the praire and it seems to be getting worse.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:34 pm

JakeDD wrote:Did the dog take on one or a whole stinkin' village of 'em? :cry:

That is nuts! You can't even tell what kind of dog it is cuz you can't see it's face...I'm guessing the key to pulling these babies was SEDATION!!
Looks like a pit bull or a bull dog by the loock of the body and face.

Katies Dad

Post by Katies Dad » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:02 pm

OUCH! I cant believe there are that many! Ya I think its a pit they like to shake what ever they have in their mouth explains why they are all the way on her back! Poor dog!

Katies Dad

Post by Katies Dad » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:06 pm

wouldnt almost be better to put the dog under to take out that many needles? I would think the pup would go into shock!

ward myers

porcupine

Post by ward myers » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:25 pm

im glad we dont have them in florida

Addict

Post by Addict » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:26 pm

I'm glad my labs never got it that bad with a porky. The most Iv'e had to pull is about 20 quills. That dog looks like a pin cushion!

Addict

Richard *UT*

Post by Richard *UT* » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:01 am

A little while back in gun dog magazine, there as an article about this very thing. The dog had a mouth full of quills not nearly as bad as this dog. The article said he had the dog sedated and the vet counted 200 quills and then stopped counting, she wasn't even half done. That is too bad! Well too late for "BAD DOG"! It makes me hurt to look at it. :tongue2:

Grey Ghost

Post by Grey Ghost » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:08 am

Looks like a Bull Terrier (Spuds McKenzie) to me. It seems to have that egg shaped head. It could be a Pit Bull, but not a Bulldog (unless it's one of those Olde Bulldogges).

TAK

Post by TAK » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:18 am

TAK wrote:Every year my Niki dog gets into at least one but most years 2 of them. Last year I took some bad advice and just let her live it out with the pins. Well she got infected. Her head was huge and I thouhgt at one point I was going to loose her. Plus the vet cost me more than if I would have done it right as it happened.!

The skunks are very welcome when it comes to pin throwers!
AaAha! Got some rain today so I had the bug to go run the dogs! Bet you all now what that ment? Yup Niki got into another Porkypine!!!! On the bright side she only made a home for 16 Quils! Lucky too I got all of them out without a vet visit!
Mr. Porky is past the point of a Vet!

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:44 am

Rick said either a doglearns a lesson or makes it a personal vendetta when hit by a Porkie. Sounds like thats what Niki has!
brenda

TAK

Post by TAK » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:52 pm

What is funny I was talking to a guy before I took the dogs for the run. I told him I was going to go clear the area of Porky Pines. He gave me a funny look and I told him about Niki. Sure enough.

It was not all bad. I got the dogs into grundles of Pheasants, got to correct my Speed dog for chasing Deer and the 9mm had the cob webs blowed off of it!