How manAWG'S

lakota

How manAWG'S

Post by lakota » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:05 pm

How many Dawgs do you have in the household? Type, Sex and is it to many? I have 4 2 GWP's, 1 Shorthair and 1 pitbull all females and thinking about adding a male Gwp in a couple weeks. I don't have any issues with the dawg's I have.

MOOSE

Re: How manAWG'S

Post by MOOSE » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:13 pm

4- 2 female GSP's and 2 APBT (one male and one female)
Beth
UWP GRCH UMJCH BNJ Shooter's Rising Phoenix CGC-GSP
USUV UMJCH Flying High Rajah TDI- APBT
UJJ CH Legacyk FlwCrk The Old Peublo RD- GSP
UWP UCD UMJ URO1 GRCH BNJ Rumor Has It CGC RN RD NA II- GSP

my 3 sons gsp

Post by my 3 sons gsp » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:00 pm

i have 4 , 3 males 1 female all in the house . never a dull moment .
owner of 4 gsp and love it

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:10 pm

5- a shorthair/lab cross, a black lab, and 3 english pointers. 2 EP's and the Lab in the house.. Like someone already stated, "Never A Dull Moment" :lol:
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:45 pm

Five???? :o

I have 3 - 2 setters and a JRT.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:07 pm

1 Shorthair, 1 V. Both in the house. The shorthair is a handful when he doesn't get enough exercise.

jetto

Post by jetto » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:13 am

SIX- all in the house....4 Brittanys; 2 Irish Setters...Oldest is spayed rescue Brit- 11 years old; next 6 year old intact male Brittany; 5 year old intact male Irish Setter; almost 3 year old intact Brittany bitch; going on 2 year old intact Brittany male and 1 year old intact male Irish Setter....We keep control of the pack dynamics. We've had very few problems. Occasional snarking as the young males hit puberty which is stopped by a sharp word from one of us. We do send the intact bitch to the trainer/boarding kennel when she's in heat simply because it makes life so much more pleasant. We kept her home once- wasn't much fun and we decided it was worth the money spent boarding her for our own peace of mind. The boys don't stop eating and we don't have to continually clean up drool from the oldest Irish Setter when we send the female away.

We also occasionally have house guests and their dog(s) and the pack handles it. Oh and they all sleep in the bedroom with us at night also. That's my choice since hubby is out of town quite often for work and I feel better with the dogs upstairs with me at night. When we're at work or away they are crated. I go home at lunch every day and they get out for at least an hour. We are thankfully out of room in the van for transporting dogs so we can't add anymore at least. Thank DAWG! LOL! Kristi

lakota

Post by lakota » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:30 pm

So I am not the only crazy one out there by thinking of adding a male pup to the pack!!!!! That would make 5! The 4 we have are really easy and I am ready to add a new one! I love dawgs!

MOOSE

Post by MOOSE » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:50 am

Pretty much once you are over 3 dogs it doesn't matter if you have 4/5/6 in the house from my experience. I would also like to add one more to our home in the next 6 months but convincing the hubby of that is another story!
Beth
UWP GRCH UMJCH BNJ Shooter's Rising Phoenix CGC-GSP
USUV UMJCH Flying High Rajah TDI- APBT
UJJ CH Legacyk FlwCrk The Old Peublo RD- GSP
UWP UCD UMJ URO1 GRCH BNJ Rumor Has It CGC RN RD NA II- GSP

bobman

Post by bobman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:00 am

oops double post
Last edited by bobman on Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
currently two shorthairs, four english pointers, one Brittany, one SPRINGER a chihuahua and a min pin lol

bobman

Post by bobman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:01 am

light weights :D

add a 80lb pit and a 100lb husky to the list below
currently two shorthairs, four english pointers, one Brittany, one SPRINGER a chihuahua and a min pin lol

Mike Clutter

Post by Mike Clutter » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:11 am

I guess I'm not as bad as bobman but we're close.....6 shorthairs, 1 rat terrier, 1bulldog/boxer cross. Only two in the house at a time though, otherwise I gotta sit on the floor. :roll:

birddogsunlimited

Post by birddogsunlimited » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:38 am

there are curently 5 in my house 2 female gsps ages 2 and 3, 1 male gsp 1 year old, 1 male choc. lab 3years old and 1 female pitbull 6 months old, its not bad other than finding bed space at night and when the weather is crapy and the cant go run around out side the turn the house into a race track and i live in a 20x80 mobile so some thing usualy ends up flying from being hit

EK Cottontop

Post by EK Cottontop » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:02 pm

We have a Mastiff and two younger female German Shorthairs. Everyone thinks the Mastiff would rule because he is older and much bigger, but that is not true. The shorthairs play rough with him and he loves it. We take turns letting them come in the house, but all are great house dogs and great watch dogs.