These people are the worst!

markm

These people are the worst!

Post by markm » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:52 am

People who torture and abuse animals are some of the worst people on earth.

Hope this story doesn't ruin anyones day, but thought I'd share it because of the good people out there who are trying to save these dogs.

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/12298882.htm

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:01 am

That is disturbing. The only comfort I can get is knowing that my dog will never be treated like that and that our society generally keeps sickos like that under control.

I would support making animal cruelty a felony though. It's a gateway into domestic violence as it is.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

markm

Post by markm » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:14 am

I agree make it a felony.

Hard to believe that the dogs first reaction after being cut loose from the wire, was to wag his tail and lick the Vet. If he lives, I'm sure they'll have no problem finding him a home.

scotton

Post by scotton » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:24 am

This makes me want to go straight to heck so I can start getting a room set up for these people. Anyone capable of doing that to a puppy needs to be put down.

Duane M

Post by Duane M » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:23 am

:gib:

Thats what scum like that deserves. Sorry pieces of %^$# cowards.

gsprescuewi

Post by gsprescuewi » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:18 am

I hate to tell ya, but this is NOTHING compared to some of the stuff I read, or cases that have come into our very own rescue! Always brings me back to EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION. Domesticated animals are not merely property, they have feelings, they have emotions, they feel pain, they feel life. They deserve better then this. There are some real sickos out there. If you know of this and do nothing, then we are as much to blame. I have pulled over, to stop kids from kicking dogs in parks, I have called police to stop many public or private abuse cases. BUT, law enforcement can only do so much, because animal cruelty LAW is so outdated in most states, their hands are generally tied. It's up to us to make that change. The louder we get, the more they will listen and DO SOMETHING. I'm not a Peta person or anything like that, but this sorta stuff happens daily to our animals. How do we make it stop?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:11 pm

This case wasn't NOTHING. Thats why it made the papers. And thank God it isn't more common. Some one or more likely ones that had nothing to do had to find something they could do that would demonstrate how superior they were physically to another living thing. They didn't stop to think that it would also demonstrate their inferior mentally to most people.

We will never stop it but we must continue to insist that animals be treated humanely in all cases. Appropriate penalities when someone is caught and found guilty is a good deterient if its done immediately and not months later.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.