Cold in Florida?!

jbr03

Cold in Florida?!

Post by jbr03 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Hey guys,

This morning when i got up for work it was 30-something degrees outside, with the wind chill bringing it down to an even 30. This is Florida for petes sake! i know i know... for most of you guys on here 30 degrees is nothing, but i was wondering- how cold do you think is too cold for my dog to ride in the back in her dog box? i usually let her sit in the truck if its in the 40s. what about you?
Brian

Hotpepper

Re: Cold in Florida?!

Post by Hotpepper » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:23 pm

We are at Lake Wales on vacation at Lake Kissimmee and it was 29 this morning. An open box in the back of a open truck would be to much in my opinion.

Put her in the truck with you.

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:48 pm

-20 here. out- pee - in.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

LoveMyGSPs

Post by LoveMyGSPs » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:06 am

Last night and tonight its getting down to 20-22 degrees. We are south of Jacksonville. Can we say COLD?? It is different if we lived up north and were used to cold weather but we arent! At least tomorrow night is only going to be like 30! Eek!
*!~Shantel~!*

tenbearsviz

Post by tenbearsviz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:40 am

Low 20's in Pasco county this morning. Water is frozen over. It will all be over by 10:00am. Back to normal weather is predicted. 70's this weekend.

gsdgspgirlz

Post by gsdgspgirlz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:44 am

It was a balmy 30 degrees here in MN yesterday, seen people just in sweathirts, sweaters, no jackets! that is like a heat wave for here after last week.(it was in the -'s ) I had to buy AVA a fleece coat just to go out to pee for petes sakes!!!!! we are heading for another really cold spell again. If your dog is not use to the cold , I would have him ride in the truck with you.The windchill gets really cold, although it is said dogs cannot feel windchill.(please don't go off and correct me on that one, I never stated it was a fact, I was just repeating what has been spectulated )sorry to hear it is that cold in Florida, I feel for ya! I hate the cold and winter, but I love the season changes.I am going to try to run 2 miles today with the dogs, since its suppose to be 30 again .

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:09 am

I'm in South Tampa, Accuweather had us around 31 this morning.
Took a couple of pups to the beach after work yesterday. They were motivated to run, but for some reason weren't too wild about jumping in the water!!! :)

I like the cold weather. I'm glad we don't have snow or sub-zero temperatures, but chilly weather is a refreshing change from our typical temps.

Pepper, you're right around the corner from GMHT Hunt Club. There's a double/double NSTRA trial this weekend, if you want to come out and watch a little, let me know and I can get you directions.

I'll be out there all weekend, but I'm not entered in the trial. Just out there to train a few dogs.
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

dustinweim

Post by dustinweim » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:17 pm

last thursday i was working in bismark north dakota it was -44 with out the wind chill now that is cold!

gsdgspgirlz

Post by gsdgspgirlz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:51 am

dustinweim wrote:last thursday i was working in bismark north dakota it was -44 with out the wind chill now that is cold!
Yes THAT is cold, theres that windchil facture again, Here today the windchill is a -20!!!!! we won't be doing anything outside today, might have to drive my car down to the mailbox!!!!LOL I feel for you up in North Dakota! I have an agility trial in March in fargo, don't know if I want to enter yet cuz alot of "iffy" things can happen,like a blizzard!!!!!!do not want to be stranded in Fargo in a hotel room with the dogs.