New Dog.

Oggie

New Dog.

Post by Oggie » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:58 pm

What does one do if he wanted another dog and the wife says no..lol :roll:

MillerClemsonHD

Re: New Dog.

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:08 pm

Show her lots and lots of puppy pictures.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:11 pm

Maybe you should get a new wife instead of a new dog! :lol:

Oggie

Post by Oggie » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:18 pm

vzkennels wrote:Maybe you should get a new wife instead of a new dog! :lol:
Yeah that is a option. :lol: , Two weeks ago she got mad when I talked of a new dog. Now she is showing me the dog she would want out of the litter if one was hers, so progress is being made.But not fast enough.lol

cjuve

Post by cjuve » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Oggie wrote:What does one do if he wanted another dog and the wife says no..lol :roll:
Breed a litter yourself and ask way to much for them :wink:

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Just bring one home. They don't stay mad forever.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:37 pm

Sometimes in life it is easier to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permission... :mrgreen:
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Your marriage is worth more then a dog. A dog will affect her life just as much as yours. I wouldn't mention it. Let her bring up the subject . She knows it's important to you.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

kbshorthairs

Post by kbshorthairs » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:10 pm

My wife agreed after I said she could have a cat. That was playing dirty! :roll:

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:22 pm

12 Volt Man wrote:Just bring one home. They don't stay mad forever.
Ya that one worked for me 3 different times but I think I've wore that out.

intothewind

Post by intothewind » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:36 pm

it depends on the wife. you should measure it by using the "mad days scale". if i want a shotgun, i think, will she be mad for 1 day, 7 days or a month. if its 1, or 7- im getten it. the system works, because she knows that i know, she buys clothes and sticks them in the closet- then she'll wear it 3 months later and tell me shes had it for a while. it works both ways.

BrettBryan

Post by BrettBryan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:12 am

My wife was fine with the first dog. Then, the second dog, I threw her the dog needs someone to play with trick. The third dog was a little tougher to sell. Now, she's pretty much given up hope on me :lol: I'm not sure if that's a good thing, or a bad thing. I think you need to kind of find your limit of dogs. I think everyone probably has "that" number they feel comfortable with.
Are we talking dogs living in the house? I can see where she would object to that because of the clean up factor. But, everyone needs a hobby. Mine is bird dogs, don't deny me of it. I think if we didn't have hobby's, we would all go crazy.
Old dogs, children, and watermelon wine

EddieF

Post by EddieF » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:37 am

Oggie wrote:
vzkennels wrote:Maybe you should get a new wife instead of a new dog! :lol:
Yeah that is a option. :lol: , Two weeks ago she got mad when I talked of a new dog. Now she is showing me the dog she would want out of the litter if one was hers, so progress is being made.But not fast enough.lol
That is progress. Get more pictures of just the one she picked, then see if you can get her to pick a name that would fit the dog. Then it's over. :twisted:

RuttCrazed

Post by RuttCrazed » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:50 am

Just take her to see the pups, no one can say no when they are holding a puppy!

Rut

MOOSE

Post by MOOSE » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:04 am

See I am on the opposite side. We have four dogs and I want one more but the hubby doesn't. Maybe in another year. :-)
Beth
UWP GRCH UMJCH BNJ Shooter's Rising Phoenix CGC-GSP
USUV UMJCH Flying High Rajah TDI- APBT
UJJ CH Legacyk FlwCrk The Old Peublo RD- GSP
UWP UCD UMJ URO1 GRCH BNJ Rumor Has It CGC RN RD NA II- GSP

Russmill84

Post by Russmill84 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:50 am

Mine told me we could have 3 dogs, because we both grew up with 3. Well now plans changed. I have a Weim who is gun shy who ended up not being sold as a pet from us because my wife thinks he is absolutely her best friend..which he is, they go together like peanut butter and jelly ( kinda cheesy) lol. I have a GWP that I traded a rifle for, and he is a great hunter, I am receiving a female pup from Joe Amatullis Litter of Tullis Shelby x DK's Nuke it, I am receiving a Male pup from Mike Weis at Lock N Load kennels, and am going to shoot for a pup from Shawn at Shady Meadows out of his Danny boy x frozen semen honky tonk daughter. She is mad as a hornet, but what did the trick for me is I said " While im building the extra 2 kennels, i will build the deck and the stairs off the deck to the back yard". Well deck and everything is done, and now she agrees to let me have these dogs. WHOO HOO! the only thing that sux is training pups every day for the better part of the first couple of years. But after that I will have many years of fun and hunting and memories!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=1845 "Kickstand"
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=2439 "Dash"

" Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" JFK

BrettBryan

Post by BrettBryan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:09 am

Russmill,
that seems to work good to. A lot of times, I'll try to do something nice for the wife and family like that. I think it works out good that way.

Hey, training pups is the fun part to me. I love to see them progess into a bird dog.

Russmill84

Post by Russmill84 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:15 am

Oh yah training progression is always great to watch and take part of. I just will have 3 pups under a year in age at one time to train, so the joyous crazy puupy meter will be maxed out. :lol:

BrettBryan

Post by BrettBryan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:28 am

Russmill,

Yeah, you will have your hands full! I understand where you are coming from.

rockllews

Post by rockllews » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:34 am

MOOSE wrote:See I am on the opposite side. We have four dogs and I want one more but the hubby doesn't. Maybe in another year. :-)
Beth, I can only hope my husband will be on board with having a house and kennel full of dogs.... It's definitely search criteria. Fortunately there's a good many that like dogs. It will probably be for me as it is with you and be about the number he'll agree to. But you know, the women in the family usually get their way! :D

And Oggie, Best of luck to you! Be sure to post some pics of your new pup!

GSPVIZ

Post by GSPVIZ » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:37 pm

I didn't want any dogs, then the wife convinced me to get 1. Then she convinced me to get another.

Now a couple of years later, I am trying to convince her for another! LOL.

Russmill84

Post by Russmill84 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:50 pm

VIZ thats the way to do it! LOL If she can convince you, then you have to convince her lol :lol: Just tell her it is for the better cause of saving mankind!! haha throw something off the wall in there lol

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:38 am

I use the guilt method. At my house my wife stays home and takes care of our 17 month old son and is pregnant with our second son who will be born in April. I go to school ( on my last semester and about to receive multiple degrees), I work as the Assistant Sports Info. Director for my university and was an assistant football coach first semester, I pay all the bills, give my wife money when she needs it, buy her whatever she wants most of the time, come home every night and play with my son and help give baths, get him ready for bed, watch him when she goes bowling on Thursday nights if we do not have games I have to attend, make sure my son has nice clothes which I pick and buy, I do dishes when it is my turn, take out the trash every time, do the laundry every time, vacuum 90% of the time, and still manage to get very good grades in school. I just bring all this up and tell her that bird hunting and dog training is my passion if I need a tool to enjoy my only passion in life such as a new gun or a new dog then I should be able to purchase it. This works 95% of the time. If not then I threaten to spend the extra money at the strip joint or on nights out with my buddies and this usually works the other 5% of the time. :D I was just joking about that last part. :D

Oggie

Post by Oggie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks to all replies. It worked, I used just about all the ideas you guys and gals gave me and she finlly let in. Picked up new pup last night. pics soon :lol: