You Might Be A Gun Dog Addict If....

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

You Might Be A Gun Dog Addict If....

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:51 am

1. You have your breeder/trainer's address memorized and their phone number on speed dial.

2. Your monthly dog bills are greater than your two kids' private school tuition.

3. The new house you're building is designed around your dogs.

4. The cost of saving for your kids' college tuition bothers you but the cost of two TWH, a 3-stall, drop-tail slant and an F-250 does not.

Your thoughts?,

Rusti's Mom

Post by Rusti's Mom » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:03 am

When your back yard becomes too small and you buy a place in the country so that you can have room for the 5 you already have and the future ones you hope to have.

Your training bills are more than the house note and utilities.

Pat

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:33 am

Wow, keep getting bigger vehicle, bigger vehicle, more land, more land, more chain link, more chain link...........
brenda

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:05 pm

Uh, you guys are making me really nervous here. You are describing the very house I live in!

Rusti's Mom

Post by Rusti's Mom » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:13 pm

I forgot one.

When you have more pictures and ribbons and trophies of your dogs, than you do of your kids.

Pat

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:52 pm

When you have to rush in to bed to beat the dogs to the cold side of the pillow!

You spend more time reading ingredient lables on dog food bags than you do your food!

When you ask the dog if he wants to go shopping at Petsmart !

IF you sound like your GRANDMOTHER when you repermand your dogs, and you have to go through the whole kennel before getting to the right name!

Phil
REO

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:15 pm

When your dog sleeps in the bed, and your wife in the other bedroom.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:54 pm

When you're driving along and you say, "That's a nice lookin' setter," and your wife says, "As if you didn't notice the hot blonde walking that dog." ... And you honestly didn't.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

Casper

Post by Casper » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:29 pm

you guys are to much :D

when your dogs sees the vet more than you see a doctor cause your more concerned about his health than your own. :roll:

everything else gets put on hold till you spend time with your dogs.

taking your better half out to dinner is not as important as taking the dogs out for a run while you snack on a granola to curb the hunger.

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:02 am

While I was looking at houses I always kept in my mind "would I feel comfortable leaving my dog at this place while I go to work?" and then the "is the yard big enough for the dogs?" and then "I can build a fence there, there and there and then there'll be plenty of space for the dogs."

TAK

Post by TAK » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:01 am

You all Rock! I am going to print this and have the Wife read this! I am normal, I have no fetish!
If I had a nickel for every time I heard the dogs come before her I could afford the house you guys have said about!

QC "You spend more time reading ingredient lables on dog food bags than you do your food!"

Amen! McDonalds is health food! Funny thing too. I got an email the other day about dogs looking like there owners and vis versa. Shoot I wish! My dogs are slim, trim, and can run from one end of the yard to the other and not need an defibulator on standby!

llewgor

Post by llewgor » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:42 pm

When your friends are talking about their kids and you tell them a funny story about your dogs.

When you get the F-250 with 4 doors in case it rains.

When there's a lull in the conversation, your friends ask "How's the dogs?

The food label that's funny :lol:
Billy
"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change"

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=147

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=152

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:29 pm

Casper.........

First you have to convince the "other" half that "SHE" is your "BETTER" half! Well at least she will be March through October! :lol: :roll: :twisted:

Phil
REO

Casper

Post by Casper » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:36 pm

QCBirddogs wrote:Casper.........

First you have to convince the "other" half that "SHE" is your "BETTER" half! Well at least she will be March through October! :lol: :roll: :twisted:

Phil
REO
for me its august - feb

aug- archery deer

sep- grouse

oct-feb -- chukar

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:50 pm

llewgor wrote:When there's a lull in the conversation, your friends ask "How's the dogs?

The food label that's funny :lol:
I can relate to the food label. I wish I had a comparable body to my Brittany.

As for the conversation lull thing, that is usually the first thing people ask me, or the first thing I tell them!

Grey Ghost

Post by Grey Ghost » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:11 am

llewgor wrote:When your friends are talking about their kids and you tell them a funny story about your dogs.
You hit the nail on the head with that one. Sometimes I catch myself lecturing friends on how to raise their kids based on my experience with dogs.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:00 am

They are the same, except kids are easier. They don't cost as much, the vet bills are lower, and they are less stressful.

llewgor

Post by llewgor » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:46 pm

I thought I'd add this because I just got Silent Hunting video from Mason Creek Kennel. :thumbup:

A room full of hunting dog magazine's, video's, and now DVD's.
Billy

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:50 pm

When you go on vacation, leave the dogs at home, and spend you whole vacation talking about the pups.

When it’s late, you’re tired, your wife’s in bed, and you chatting on GDF while the dogs fight on the couch. =)

ccavacini

Post by ccavacini » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:00 am

When you have to sneak your hunting gear out, because if they see it, they won't eat...

And when you have to stand next to them while they eat (she's always checking to see I haven't left her).

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:46 pm

I cant belive I didnt think of this one earlier, or some of the other multiple dog owners havent thought of it....!

You might be an addict if........

You have several educated, mature adults standing around a dog in squatting position relieving himself, and everyone is comenting on or rating the..... quality, cylindrical consistency, color and density........ OF HIS STOOL! :P :oops: :lol:

Phil

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:16 pm

What about this.

...You might be a gundog addict if your dog is going to be the ring bearer in your upcoming wedding.

llewgor

Post by llewgor » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:42 pm

How about you might be a gun dog addict if you rush home to see what's been posted on gundogforum Blue eyes???? :lol:
Billy

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:07 pm

If you know everyone on this board, their dog breed, and the dogs names but cant remeber any of your relatives names.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:23 pm

When you trade in your vehicle for the next model, you take the dog crates to see if they all fit with room for one more of course....

When the dog food bill is higher than the grocery bill.

When you can name all the dogs you've ever met, but can't remember the name of that guy at work for the life of you!

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:26 pm

Ryan, just saw your post after I posted mine :D
Too true...

sudiegirl

Post by sudiegirl » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:20 am

Wagonmaster wrote:They are the same, except kids are easier. They don't cost as much, the vet bills are lower, and they are less stressful.
and they are better retrievers, plus they can't talk back!

sudiegirl

Post by sudiegirl » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:24 am

when people ask how many children you have and you (of course) include the dogs in the count!!

JakeDD

only in MN...

Post by JakeDD » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:43 pm

True story here in MN...

You might be a gundog addict if...

A boat goes by on the lake carrying a "bikini" and a lab and you comment "Wow - that's a beautiful lab!"

Of course, it would have to be a pointing dog for me to say that... :lol:

Richard *UT*

Post by Richard *UT* » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:39 am

When your wife's friends complain about how much time thier husbands spend online looking at smutt and your wife complains about the amount of time her husband spends reading online, and she thinks they are comparable.

Smutt...Online??? Who has the time.

Rusti's Mom

Post by Rusti's Mom » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:16 am

When the Airline agent tells you that it is 87 in Atlanta so it is too hot to fly your dogs, and you're screaming "they were born and raised in Texas". Then it takes 4 or 5 trys to get them home, finally going thru Ohio.

Pat

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:48 pm

If the photo album of pictures has more photo's of your dog (and you and whoever else is afield) than your fiance', and it is a photo album she got you for engagement picutres, nd the dog pictures are on the front pages while engagement photo's are toward the rear!

TAK

Post by TAK » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:18 pm

Rusti's Mom wrote:When the Airline agent tells you that it is 87 in Atlanta so it is too hot to fly your dogs, and you're screaming "they were born and raised in Texas". Then it takes 4 or 5 trys to get them home, finally going thru Ohio.

Pat

That is a good one!