Weather back east....

WiskeyJaR

Weather back east....

Post by WiskeyJaR » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:34 pm

was reading CNN this morning, seems Kentucky and surounding area is in a battle with evil jack frost.....hope all stay warm and save.

From CNN...largest power outage in Kentucky history...
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/weather/01/3 ... index.html

be safe,
WiskeyJaR

KY Grouse Hunter

Re: Weather back east....

Post by KY Grouse Hunter » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:17 pm

This has been absolutely rediculous over here. I had one of the only places in my area with power so I had 10 people staying the night with me. They are telling some people around Muhlenberg that they will not have power for about 3 months! I have never seen anything like it around these parts. I think they also said that around 4 people have died. Its pretty bad when you can just open your window and watch trees and power lines falling one right after another.
Sally's Branch Duke
Sally's Branch Copper

vzkennels

Re: Weather back east....

Post by vzkennels » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:23 pm

I think here in Ohio anyway this has been mild compared to the big wind storm we had last summer.We were only out of power for about 8 hrs but last summer was with out power for 10 days.The big difference of course are the temps freezzing compared to sweating but both causing different problems.The lingering effects are what it's costing us just to keep our power turned on since the power company has raised the bill to recoup their losses.My bill this winter is running me 3x what it normaly has in the past.