Lots of training pics

Karen
GDF Junkie

Lots of training pics

Post by Karen » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:54 am

The weather here has been so terrible for the last few weeks, we've literally been able to work dogs once, and that was on foot, but we got pics (last weekend....we have snow and ice on the ground AGAIN).

This is Chloe standing after a correction....she blew a stop to flush, but we got a good correction in so was a success. She's not quite 2 yrs old.

Gotta love the tail set on this bitch.

This is Tessa.

And Tessa had another find on the way back to the truck:

We didn't get pics of Blaze, but he had one of those finds with such style that you just "ooooh and ahhh" over it.

Temps are rising today and should be in the 40's tomorrow, so hopefully we'll get a decent melt and be able to train next weekend. This is killing me!!! Our first trial of the season is 4 weeks from today!
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

fuess

Re: Lots of training pics

Post by fuess » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:26 am

Is that my buddy Pete with you?? I recognize that pose with ihis hands around his back from miles.

All the bets, and good luck with your training!

Fuess

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:27 pm

Good pictures Karen. It does look cold up there, heavy jackets.. Tell Pete it was 63 down here today, he used to come to sc during the winter months not to long ago.

Maurice

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:38 am

Great pics. Sounds like a good day!

jetto

Post by jetto » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:34 am

Good pics!! Chloe looks GREAT! And bad girl Tessa looks like she's figuring out how this all works! And she really darkened up nicely!

NO SNOW ON THE GROUND!!! I'd pay to see that out there! Our driveway drifted shut AGAIN Saturday night. We're supposed to get a little snow again tomorrow I guess but then by the weekend it is supposed to get warm and RAIN. Hey I'll take rain over snow at this point! Hopefully the rain will get rid of all the white stuff. I'll take drab brown dead grass over snow at this point!

We've only gotten a tiny bit of yardwork and some conditioning done over the last few weeks. This is a long rotten winter I'm telling you! Kristi

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 pm

Thanks everyone!

Kristi, Tessa is figuring it out...SLOWLY but surely, I'm convinced, because she spends most of her time trying to figure out how to get over on you. It really has been a VERY long winter. Was joking with Pete last night that my house is cleaner right now than it's been in 4 years! I'll take the dirt to spend my weekends with the dogs though. He did say that yesterday he was starting to see tufts of grass at the club though, so hopefully they get a good melt today (it's 48 degrees out! Woo Hoo!) and he can get 1 day of training in before the next storm. :roll: :roll:

Hopefully this storm misses DE though. I'm so looking forward to the trial this weekend!!
ImageImage

mm

Post by mm » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:27 am

Karen
They look great. Chloe looks like she is ready to go are you going to enter her in a trial this year. Her little sister is doing fine I hope she turns out as good.
mario

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:05 am

Hey Mario!

I've got Chloe entered at Tidewater at the end of the month, but that is very depenedent on our weather here and how often I get to work with her. I've got a full season planned for her....6 or 7 AKC trials and a couple AF ones also. I can't wait!! Of course, she's VERY young so we'll have to see how she does. I have no problems pulling her and letting her stay with Pete for another season or two before running her if she needs the time to mature.

I learned my lesson with Blaze that they're ready when they're ready, and it doesn't pay to rush them. If you want to bring Rosie up to the club as my guest one weekend, just let me know when. I'd love to see her!!

Karen
ImageImage

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:32 am

Gotta hand it to you lady. Never thought I'd hear a trialer say they were willing to pull a dog and wait for it to mature. That is super!!
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

mm

Post by mm » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Karen
I think Chloe will be great, the times I have watched her work she was flawless and that was a while ago. I would like to come up and see you guys and I will as soon as the weather improves. I am hoping to get out to a trial or two this season to watch also.
mario