Kansas NSTRA trials?

RuttCrazed

Kansas NSTRA trials?

Post by RuttCrazed » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:50 pm

Is anyone going to any of the upcoming NSTRA trials in Kansas? I am going to try to get out and atleast watch one and would like to meet a few new people.

Rut

Southwind

Re: Kansas NSTRA trials?

Post by Southwind » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:55 am

I try to run in the trials in Salina, Ks. They are only singles so it might not be as full. It is kinda nice for someone like me who is new to the game. The trials in Prescott and Topeka are doubles and draw a pretty big crowd.

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:36 am

That's a bummer that's how it is. Come down to Oklahoma for some NSTRA trials. We have a strong region and we play by the rules. I assure you there is no home cooking here. That is a big deal in our region is to uphold the integrity of the trial. We have newer people, and people from out state place on a regular basis. I would be happy to show you the ropes.

okie

Post by okie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:31 am

I ran in a trial at Salina last season they are a great bunch of guys and will go out of their way to help you.
Dave

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:33 am

Hey Rutt why not get a pointer and run in some walking stakes? Thats where the real dogs are.......... :lol: (Sorry I couldnt resist) Your As far as the politics go, your going to find them in EVERY aspect of your life. Unfortunately a few bad apples ruin the bunch, and there is always a few around no matter where you go. Try running in the big boy stakes if you think these weekend trials are bad. :wink:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:47 am

Not trying to start an argument jo I will let that response go, obviously we dont TOTALLY agree. :wink:

I have been back here for awhile, mostly lurking because the boy is keeping me pretty busy. Getting big, and poor kid looks like me! :lol:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:53 pm

shadymeadows wrote:Hey Romeo,

I've heard that from several people actually. I have about a dozen clients that run in Oklahoma and they all enjoy it and speak highly of it. I even have a couple of clients from up this way that travel down there just to get a fair shot.

You'll be running against quite a few of our Crow's Little Joe/Honky Tonk Attitude dogs in the next few years. Good luck! 8)
We have a couple of Crow's Little Joe and Honky Tonk dogs that run down here and they are no slouch. I may have to pick me up a dog from you guys. I am a shorthair guy myself but I do like that cross a lot. They will have their hands full down here though. We have some good competition.