More Pigeon ?'s

rapid fire

More Pigeon ?'s

Post by rapid fire » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:58 pm

First, thank y'all for all the great information you provide. Do perches need to be V's? What kind of feeders do coops usually have and where are they placed? Same with water? What is a good source for pigeon coop supplies? Do you need perches and nesting boxes? How tall do nesting boxes need to be? I see some folks have bowls or plates in the boxes. Is that where the pigeons lay their eggs? How do you pair them up, or do they do it on their own? Thanks, RF

donnie_19

Re: More Pigeon ?'s

Post by donnie_19 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:20 pm

New England Pigeon Supply, Sigels are a couple that have feeders and other supplies. The purpose of the V is to keep the poop off the bird below. If you have room in your coop you can stagger the perches and avoid this. I have perches running all the way across my coop but staggered. Enough for all the birds to perch but not poop on each other. I have my water and feeder next to each other. I use a bullet waterer that they can only stick their head in. I feed my birds every day so I just feed in a flat pan. Feed enough that they eat it all up in 10-15 minutes.

Brittguy

Post by Brittguy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:11 pm

foyspigeonsupplies.com is another place that offers almost anything you would want.

ymepointer

Post by ymepointer » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:32 pm

I use old cambels soup cans for perches. My Pigeons seem to like them, but I can't say this is good or not...I just had a bunch in the recycle bin and a few screws so i punched a hole in the bottom of the can and screwed through the wall of the coop and then just tightend down the can. it is about 5 inches long and rounded. :lol: