Fla bird hunting questions,

B-dawg

Fla bird hunting questions,

Post by B-dawg » Fri May 14, 2004 7:44 am

Hey everybody,
I live in northern Fla and I'm new to Bird hunting. Whats the best season and bird to hunt down here? Any advice or tips will be very much appreciated.
I've got a 8month old male springer I'm training and he's taken to the basics real well so far. He's real birdie! I just don't know what to do next and I don't want to do something wrong and have to go back and retrain him. thanks again,
-Paul

crow

Post by crow » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:25 am

hey there man go find the book WIng and Shot but robert G wehle, now the books uses mostly pointers as an example but I have found it the easiest to go by and a great read.
as for birds I live in valdosta and hunt alot in FL i hunt alot of quail there so you might look into. also where in north FL I drive down to jennings. and the madison area.

B-dawg

Post by B-dawg » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:44 am

Thanks for the tips crow. I live in jacksonville. I will definitley buy that book. Quail sounds good!

crow

Post by crow » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:48 am

oh yes the book is great amazon has it the cheapest and if you live in jacksonville you can always buy a ga license and cross into folkston ga i have turned a few covey of quail and alot of swap woodcock in that area.