Caladen's Strutin Gentleman

Pineywoods

Caladen's Strutin Gentleman

Post by Pineywoods » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:48 pm

A pair of well know gun dog form members Ross Callaway and Matt Lee have placed there co owned dog Caladen's Strutin
Gentleman 2nd in the Dixie open shooting dog classic. Congratulations on a great job guys I know you must be proud.

(http://fieldtrialpointers.net/lbn.html)
Last edited by Pineywoods on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Calden's Strutin Gentleman

Post by Sharon » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Isn't that great! Congrats. Ross.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

12 Volt Man

Re: Caladen's Strutin Gentleman

Post by 12 Volt Man » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:33 am

Congrats to you both. Nice work.

MillerClemsonHD

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:03 am

Congrats Ross and Matt that guy is pretty special. Every time he runs it seems like he wins or places.

jakemaster

Post by jakemaster » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Ross is no longer a member here but he says Thanks. I think Matt is still here but busy with school. Gent is a heck of a dog look for more wins from him soon. John Ray has him now until the end of the month. Then George Tracy is taking him North to run. :D

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:28 pm

What happened to Ross??
Dog On Point!!

scotly50

Post by scotly50 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:36 am

jakemaster wrote:Ross is no longer a member here but he says Thanks. I think Matt is still here but busy with school. Gent is a heck of a dog look for more wins from him soon. John Ray has him now until the end of the month. Then George Tracy is taking him North to run. :D
Why has he left ???

I thought he contributed some good things to this board.

jakemaster

Post by jakemaster » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:07 am

From my understanding he responded to a thread and used the quote from someone else that blanked out a bad word. Pear only flaged Ross's post and without doing anything to the original poster of the word. Which upset him. When he pointed this out to Pear he did not do it in a way they liked. Ross felt Pear was only looking at his post to single him out and when Ross singled Pear out the shoe wasnt on the other foot. :wink: He PM the Admin and got no response.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:53 am

That is a great loss. I learned a lot from his posts.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

scotly50

Post by scotly50 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:33 pm

jakemaster wrote:From my understanding he responded to a thread and used the quote from someone else that blanked out a bad word. Pear only flaged Ross's post and without doing anything to the original poster of the word. Which upset him. When he pointed this out to Pear he did not do it in a way they liked. Ross felt Pear was only looking at his post to single him out and when Ross singled Pear out the shoe wasnt on the other foot. :wink: He PM the Admin and got no response.
You guys need to bring him back. I thought he was informative.

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:45 pm

That is unfortunate because I think Ross was an asset to the board. He has a wealth of practical, hands on knowledge and my sense of it is that he is a real dog man.

We did not always agree but It seemed that he could disagree without being disagreeable.

That should be good enough.

In any case, please pass on my congratulations and best wishes.

RayG

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:46 pm

I say bring him back too!!

jakemaster

Post by jakemaster » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:06 pm

Ray I will let him know thanks.
Scotly I agree too. Not sure calling out a mod the same way they have called out others of recent, grounds for banning. I think in members forum they are discussing new rules. Ross has been wrong at times just like all of us on our info and I am sure people called him out on those issues and took his lumps. Ray is good at that :lol: Whats that saying about goose? :roll: Hope Ross doesnt see the he has been wrong thing. :lol:

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:13 pm

Running a forum is something like being a policeman. The rule ( law) has to be applied equally to all. When it isn't, civil unrest erupts. People don't mind being reprimanded ( or students) as long as the other guy is chastised equally. Otherwise my students will be quick to say, "Not fair!" :)

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:39 pm

A good one gone due to administrative judgement,or lack there of.Members here should have more voice in certain situations.An arbitrary panel or voting process.Members do make this board up.Ross was a good contributor to this board and had more knowledge and experience than alot of members.
Dog On Point!!

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:51 pm

I don't alway agree with Ross but looked forward to reading his post. I feel he was an asset to this forum.

midwestfisherman

Post by midwestfisherman » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:02 pm

Congrats to Ross and his partner on a nice placement. I'm sorry to see he's no longer here. I enjoyed reading his posts and hearing about his dogs. It's a loss for this board.
Image * Image

"Your best conservation tool is a well trained hunting dog"

rizz1

Post by rizz1 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:01 pm

congrats ross i never agree with you :lol: , matt congrats hope school is going well :D and scott (jakemaster) i think everyone else can win with gent whats wrong with ross!??!! :lol: . when does he run again?

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:35 pm

Congratulations Ross and Matt.

Astounded is a mere understatement of my reaction when I heard Ross had been Banned. Good Greif! I see where they are setting new guidelines for moderators... I belive that post had a reference to people "checking their egos at the door?"
Now, is that statement supposed to include moderators as well? That's all I will add about that.

Hate to see such a great contributer of this forum get ousted by blind judgment. What's next? are we going to chop off hands like they do in Riyahd, just because someone types something that deserves a slap on the wrist?

At least the Saudi's are equal in punishment.
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

jakemaster

Post by jakemaster » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:54 am

prairiefirepointers wrote:Congratulations Ross and Matt.

Astounded is a mere understatement of my reaction when I heard Ross had been Banned. Good Greif! I see where they are setting new guidelines for moderators... I belive that post had a reference to people "checking their egos at the door?"
Now, is that statement supposed to include moderators as well? That's all I will add about that.

Hate to see such a great contributer of this forum get ousted by blind judgment. What's next? are we going to chop off hands like they do in Riyahd, just because someone types something that deserves a slap on the wrist?

At least the Saudi's are equal in punishment.
100% agree Ross could go off sometimes but he sure has helped alot of newbee's with his info.

Chasin' Mearns

Post by Chasin' Mearns » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:18 pm

Bad situation about Ross as he helped many on here.

No need for extra drama and this is not my BB but............

If the true powers "that be" really looked into the situation, I think things would be different.

In my humble opinion there was a vendeta between a member and a moderator and the member came up short.

I base this on the fact that it was kept on the down low vs. others who have been banned here in the past.

CM

jakemaster

Post by jakemaster » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Yea I talked to him the other day and he got message about being banned and it said if you have any question about ban pm admin and he did with no response at all. They should have at least responded to him if they state that. Quick to edit but not to respond? I quess there is not always 2 sides. :roll:

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:58 pm

None of us agree on everything all the time & we can hit the wrong nerve at times but to ban some of the most knowledgeable people on here I don't understand. :?

Chasin' Mearns

Post by Chasin' Mearns » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:31 pm

jakemaster wrote:Yea I talked to him the other day and he got message about being banned and it said if you have any question about ban pm admin and he did with no response at all. They should have at least responded to him if they state that. Quick to edit but not to respond? I quess there is not always 2 sides. :roll:
Just further validation of my comments in my above post Jakemaster.

Again it is the loss of this BB as Ross has moved on for now...........

I would be willing to bet this thread will get deleted before any thing else happens for two reasons.

First it is not our Board. The owner does not owe us an explination.

Second is that there is a vendeta with Ross and one of the Moderators. The Moderator won and Ross is gone.

CM

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Sad situation.. Leave's a real bad taste in one's mouth.. Kinda like rotten apples, or a sour pear. :wink:
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

Chasin' Mearns

Post by Chasin' Mearns » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:52 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:Sad situation.. Leave's a real bad taste in one's mouth.. Kinda like rotten apples, or a sour pear. :wink:
That one made me laugh!!! You must know the deal.

CM

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:03 am

Wow, stupidest decision they could have made. Alienate all those who know something and are willing to contribute. Keep it up and a dead board will result.
Congrats on the placements.

Busterb

Post by Busterb » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:05 am

Congrats on the placement!!! Looks like all the time and effort have paid off!!!

Great job Ross

jakemaster

Post by jakemaster » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:32 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:Sad situation.. Leave's a real bad taste in one's mouth.. Kinda like rotten apples, or a sour pear. :wink:
Thats funny should be in the Hall of Fame....or better yet the Hall of Shame. :lol:

Mod's and Grant do you listen to your members our just edit and ban ?

R-Heaton

Post by R-Heaton » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:49 pm

What the ??? I leave for a couple of weeks to do some trialing and Ross gets banned. Thats to bad,,,, I liked Ross,,,, almost as much as he liked himself. :D

midwestfisherman

Post by midwestfisherman » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:52 pm

jakemaster wrote:
Thats funny should be in the Hall of Fame....or better yet the Hall of Shame. :lol:

That's a good question. I see no response from the mods or Grant on this subject. Whats up with that? :?:
Image * Image

"Your best conservation tool is a well trained hunting dog"

Chasin' Mearns

Post by Chasin' Mearns » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:38 pm

midwestfisherman wrote:
jakemaster wrote:

That's a good question. I see no response from the mods or Grant on this subject. Whats up with that? :?:
Thay are not going to reply Jim. PM - Edit - Ban is much easier!!!

Steve

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:06 pm

It's called laying low.Ducking bulletts.Grant may be a little short handed right now.I hear he's sending a couple of mods to Anger Management classes,then on to a firearms coarse to try and break their trigger happiness problem.Got to go! Think I just heard a hammer cock! :lol:
Dog On Point!!

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:37 pm

Whew! Just got my congratulations in to Ross, Matt, and Gent before ANOTHER thread got locked.

As for banning Ross--that makes about as much sense as tits on a bull. :roll:

Aline
http://sitekreator.com/zzfarms
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:47 pm

Now Ailene is that any way for a Lady to talk? :lol: But I agree.

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:21 pm

Whoa, just logged in for the first time in a while and saw my boy had his own thread! haha. Thanks everyone, Ross, Scott, and John Ray are doing a great job with him....I'm glad I made the decision to let them co-own him for a while and give him a chance to be great!! Everything's been going well, and yes school has been keeping me busy!! Take care.

-Matt

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:23 pm

oh, and PS...it is too bad about Ross getting kicked off. He may be a little hot headed at times BUT he knows what the heck he's talking about and is always willing to help! He's helped me a lot, for sure.

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:06 pm

vzkennels wrote:Now Ailene is that any way for a Lady to talk? :lol: But I agree.
Folks have been banned for less. Guess I haven't ticked off any of the mods---yet :evil:

Aline
http://sitekreator.com/zzfarms
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"

bobman

Post by bobman » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:39 pm

I am a moderator on another site and feel this site is reasonably moderated its not as easy a thing to do as you might think.

Everything is not always what you think it is so personally while I like Ross and plan to talk to him about the next dog I purchase.

However I dont think all the blame should be showered on the moderators. Every issue has two sides and debating with everyone about a decision like this is a lose lose deal as moderator. Like most disagreements both parties probably are in error but the rules are the rules... accept them.

This site without moderation would be a unending Peeing match and a unpleasant place to meet.
currently two shorthairs, four english pointers, one Brittany, one SPRINGER a chihuahua and a min pin lol

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:43 pm

I agree that Ross was a HUGE asset to the board, although he surely doesnt come off very good over the CPU. I have talked to Ross a few times on the phone and him and I see eye to eye, but the way you say things on a public board and the way you tell a guy over the phone are two different things. There are other ex members that I am personal friends with that have had the same problem. The rules are the rules and us MODS are only to enforce them. We are no different than any of you and LOVE this board and want it to succeed as much as anyone. Ross was warned plenty, not just here, but other boards also. With that said I think we should get this thread back on track or else it WILL get locked. We all know the drill so lets all play by the rules and keep the CONGRATS coming to Matt. Way to Go and keep up the good work!! :lol:

-Topher40 Mod-
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

gmanksu

Post by gmanksu » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:14 pm

"Topher40 Mod-" God help us :lol:

Staying on topic Congrats to Matt, Ross, and the crew.

gunner

Post by gunner » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:04 am

I'm very disappointed to learn of Ross's leaving. I felt he contributed considerably to this board.

Continued success to him and his dogs.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:03 am

Congrats to Mark and Ross.

WRT Ross being banned:

1. *Much* more went on the in the background than is being discussed here. This includes history, not just the most recent incident.
2. Some of what went on is not appropriate for public discussion.
3. Some of what is being stated as factual in this thread, I *know* to be incorrect.
4. One example: Contrary to what has been stated, this issue *has* been vetted by "the power(s) that be". Grant and I did it personally.
5. As part of that vetting, Ross let it be known through intermediaries that he is too busy to be part of the forum. Therefore, any possible reinstatement discussion became moot.
6. I think it's fair to say that Ross enjoys a different "tone" than what has been established for GDF. I understand and respect that. Ross is, I believe, posting on versatiledogs.com.

On a personal note, I have been and will continue to be largely absent from GDF. The reasons have 100% nothing to do with "lying low" or "dodging bullets". They are also not appropriate for public discussion.

Greg Jennings

jakemaster

Post by jakemaster » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:12 am

First off Gregg thanks for your reply I do appreciate what you and the other mod's and Grant do here. You are correct that more went on in the background( not all of of it bad as implied)... But also I have seen a change in how Ross and others have responded to situations thanks to good moderating. You must agree strong dogs will test the trainer untill all grey areas are known... some dogs are just more strong headed.Several strong posters here and on other forums have grown and developed and Ross is one of them. Case in point remember Ryan ... well he was on VDF and was trolling Ross to get him going.. Ross took a break then came back and ignored it until ryan got himself banned from there also. You mod's made that change.
Point 2 If you read this thread no one factual said you or Grant did it personally. They were refering to pear. I just factually stated that Ross pm'd admin with no response. So why dont you or Grant responed and get it from the horses mouth instead of dealing with intermediaries so there is no misunderstandings. Factual he is to busy for this nonsense ... But when it comes to helping people with their dogs or dealing with his own dogs he always takes the time to try and give the dogs what they need( is not the tone we all want here).I see alot of different tones on this board some I like some I dont still on this board. I dont think he would PM grant twice if he he did not want to be reinstated or at least present his side of the situation in a private forum with the powers to be.

As for your situation whatever it is I hope it gets better for you and I wish you the best

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:49 am

jakemaster wrote:First off Gregg thanks for your reply I do appreciate what you and the other mod's and Grant do here. You are correct that more went on in the background( not all of of it bad as implied)... But also I have seen a change in how Ross and others have responded to situations thanks to good moderating. You must agree strong dogs will test the trainer untill all grey areas are known... some dogs are just more strong headed.Several strong posters here and on other forums have grown and developed and Ross is one of them. Case in point remember Ryan ... well he was on VDF and was trolling Ross to get him going.. Ross took a break then came back and ignored it until ryan got himself banned from there also. You mod's made that change.
Point 2 If you read this thread no one factual said you or Grant did it personally. They were refering to pear. I just factually stated that Ross pm'd admin with no response. So why dont you or Grant responed and get it from the horses mouth instead of dealing with intermediaries so there is no misunderstandings. Factual he is to busy for this nonsense ... But when it comes to helping people with their dogs or dealing with his own dogs he always takes the time to try and give the dogs what they need( is not the tone we all want here).I see alot of different tones on this board some I like some I dont still on this board. I dont think he would PM grant twice if he he did not want to be reinstated or at least present his side of the situation in a private forum with the powers to be.

As for your situation whatever it is I hope it gets better for you and I wish you the best
As you know Grant has many other big irons in the fire and isn't here very often. I know nothing about Ross PMing or whatever with Grant. Will check into it.

As to my situation, I appreciate the kind words. To paraphrase the archbishop at my daughter's conformation "I need all the help I can get.".

EDIT: You're 100% right. This board is supposed to be all about helping newbies / weekenders with their dogs.

jakemaster

Post by jakemaster » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:54 am

Thanks Greg. Also while your here what does vetted mean?

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:59 am

Could be German for "peed myself".

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:04 am

jakemaster wrote:Thanks Greg. Also while your here what does vetted mean?
Basically: "a process of examination". See http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vetted for a more thorough definition. The Wikipedia page has some interesting anecdotes about the term.

Rob

Post by Rob » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:25 am

Could be German for "peed myself".
:lol:

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:52 am

slistoe wrote:Could be German for "peed myself".
I've always tried to treat folks here with respect. Haven't a clue what I've done to you to prompt a personal insult like that.