need help deciding

maverick351

need help deciding

Post by maverick351 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:53 am

I am pretty sure what gun I want now its down to just two models. I have read all the spec on the two and I am just not sure if its really worth the extra money. I am down to the Stoeger Condor O/U. My dilema is choosing between the Condor and the Condor supreme. I am looking for the combo with two barrels and its $549 for the Condor and $719 for the supreme. Besides the auto ejectors and higher grade walnut I dont see a difference and neither of those things matter to me as I am looking for a field gun. Please share your opinion as well as any comments either good or bad on these guns. Also any owners who have tips to make them perform better please share.

natel24

Re: need help deciding

Post by natel24 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:00 pm

I don't really know much about the condor. But i bought the uplander supreme this fall and shot probably several hundred rounds through it without a hiccup. Stoeger really makes a quality gun for an affordable price. I will add that although the supreme wood is not needed it is really nice for a few extra bucks
natel24
"My dogs not perfect, but i'm not a perfect shot either."
"I'd rather go hunting without a gun than without my dog."

Dave Quindt

Post by Dave Quindt » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:02 pm

If you really need an O/U now, take that money and spent it on a used SKB 500 or another solid name used gun. I've picked up a SKB and 2 Beretta O/Us in the last few years for under $600. There was a Browning Citori that sold on Shotgunworld.com for $800 last week.

If you have to have a new gun, look at CZ or the Yildiz that Academy Sports sells.

JMO,
Dave

maverick351

Post by maverick351 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:32 pm

ok come on I know someone out there knows more than me about these guns or any shotguns in fact to know if its worth the extra money to buy the supreme instead of the standard. 145 views and only one reply? help me out please

bobman

Post by bobman » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:45 pm

take Daves advice condors are crappy OU's if you care about quality balance weight ect buy used... in the same price range and you will find a much better gun

although a condor would be a good choice if you intend to stick up liquor stores they would be a good club
currently two shorthairs, four english pointers, one Brittany, one SPRINGER a chihuahua and a min pin lol

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:17 pm

bobman wrote: although a condor would be a good choice if you intend to stick up liquor stores they would be a good club

Wow That's Harsh. :lol:
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

jbogacki76

Post by jbogacki76 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:50 pm

If your looking to go new its not at a lower price range but its the best bang for your buck. Check out cdnn. They have a Browning Cynergy Field (26" or 28") with the Bowning Package.

$1399 (shotgun, hardcase, hat, range bag, $100 gift card from Browning, and a 5 year Warranty). So basically you get the gun and $500 worth of Browning stuff. So the gun comes out to $900. At that price for an O/U you're not going to find a better quality gun that is new. Plus the local shops are not even close to that price usually.