Question about AFTCA

MTO4Life

Question about AFTCA

Post by MTO4Life » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:16 am

Quick question here. What tracking collars are allowed under AFTCA rules? Is the Astro allowed? Are the rules the same as AF trials? This is unfamiliar ground for me as I've never even seen one of these trials. THanks very much.

jakemaster

Re: Question about AFTCA

Post by jakemaster » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:15 am

no astro is not allowed. Have you checked out their site? http://www.aftca.org

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:51 am

I had, but couldn't find it anywhere. I might have missed it though. Thanks for the reply!

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:00 am

It has been approved[dc30] by the american field on a temporary basis thru may of 09. It has not been approved by the AFTCA and will probably be debated at their june meeting. Iam not sure what the AKC has done?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:18 am

You still should check with the trial chairman. A club has the right to say yes or no.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:38 pm

myerstenn wrote:It has been approved[dc30] by the american field on a temporary basis thru may of 09. It has not been approved by the AFTCA and will probably be debated at their june meeting. Iam not sure what the AKC has done?
Last I read (I think in the American Brittany magazine) about AKC was that they rejected it for trials. Oh well, nice thought...

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:45 pm

The question about the Astro is who is allowed to have one and where can they have one if a dog is running and in contention and where the "other " units are or will be.

The field trial committee for the GSPCA nationals were asked and members submitted their thoughts on what each person thought about the Astro and it the use of one in a trial. The chairman has now collected all of those ideas, thoughts and suggestions and the parent club is making or has made a recommendation to AKC.

Some folks love the Astro and others do not like it in the training process, that is what I have been told.

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:16 am

Sharon wrote:You still should check with the trial chairman. A club has the right to say yes or no.

Yes the club does have the right to make the decision based on the fields trial period. The
aftca has the right to not issue win certificates and maybe ban the club as a future member if they are used .WHats the hurry, there are plenty of other alternatives.

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:23 am

I was just checking as I have an Astro, but not a tracker. If it was approved, I'd run the Astro, otherwise, I'll use a tracker. I'm not in a hurry to be allowed to use the Astro.