Waiting for a new pup...Can't stand the wait!

GhillieSuit22

Waiting for a new pup...Can't stand the wait!

Post by GhillieSuit22 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:58 am

I will soon be graduating from college and I have been waiting for this so that I could finally get my own hunting companion. About two months ago I put down a deposit for a Braque Francais puppy. I grew up with one and it is just a privilege to hunt beside one of these dogs.

The problem is I have to wait 1 to 2 years before I can actually get the puppy. This is actually good for me physically since I will have time to find a proper residence. Mentally I cannot wait to get the little guy. I find myself checking the breeder's site often and constantly talking about it although I have no new information. It is turning into an obsession.

I thought maybe talking about it with others might help.
Last edited by GhillieSuit22 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

postoakshorthairs

Re: Waiting for a new pup...Can't stand the wait!

Post by postoakshorthairs » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:02 am

The problem is I have to wait 1 to 2 years before I can actually get the puppy. This is actually good for me physically since I will have time to find a proper residence. Mentally I cannot wait to get the little guy
your waiting two years or you have to wait two years on a waiting list?

GhillieSuit22

Post by GhillieSuit22 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:08 am

postoakshorthairs wrote: your waiting two years or you have to wait two years on a waiting list?
I am on a one to two year waiting list. I should have stated that. The breeders only have litters twice a year between three or four females. There was a rather substantial waiting list. Although I am now #14 on the list.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:54 am

Join the forum, looks for local clubs and get ahead of the game, dream about the future, and RIDE WITH THE OBSESSION. You'll fit in here like a dream! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GhillieSuit22

Post by GhillieSuit22 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:48 pm

mountaindogs wrote:Join the forum, looks for local clubs and get ahead of the game, dream about the future, and RIDE WITH THE OBSESSION. You'll fit in here like a dream! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks, the forum is already helping.