Spring Training!

HMiller

Spring Training!

Post by HMiller » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:11 pm

We just picked up our now 1-year old girl (and her brother Fin) up from another great trip to "camp" (aka 5-weeks with AHGSP)! Mae and Fin are turning out to be the bird dogs we hoped for a year ago! The two of them, along with the pics we've seen of their siblings are really growing into wonderful dogs, even though Mae will always be a pup to me! :) Below are just a handful of some of the awesome pics that J and I got over the weekend... Enjoy!

This was the start of the weekend, Bruce was showing us some of the steadiness work...

Our girl on point! She's standing her points for a few minutes and she's pretty much given up chasing the bird, so we're getting closer to her standing through the flush, shot and fall!

Here's Fin on point! He's got a heck of a nose! He's pointing birds from a good bit out and is also standing pretty well.

The next few are from Day 2, while we were working the pups in the field... They are so much fun to watch work in the field!!

And the next few are from the end of Day 2, working the pups on more steadiness drills on the point... they've both got some great style!

Mae and Fin playing in the yard (aka watching the pigeons)

As always, it was another great weekend in West Virginia! The pups have come a long way since we dropped them off 5-weeks ago! We had a good time watching Bruce work with the dogs, and as usual we learned a good bit and have some homework to do over the next few months... Stay tuned for more pics in the months to come!
Miller's Mischievous Maebyn VDHimmel JH

BoJack

Re: Spring Training!

Post by BoJack » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:08 pm

Bruce will definately get those dogs to where they need to be.
Dog On Point!!

JordiLa

Post by JordiLa » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:00 am

Heather,

Thanks for posting it sure was a great weekend!! Bruce thank you once again for helping us just as much as the pups....... :D
If you turn the imagination loose like a hunting dog, it will often return with a bird in its mouth! (william maxwell)

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:20 am

Both dogs look really nice, they sure have grown up. Looks like Bruce is doing a great job with them.

Mo

HMiller

Post by HMiller » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:33 am

Thanks Maurice!! They sure have grown up fast!! Hopefully we'll be able to make it down for a Saturday training day with you, so we can show them off a little more! :wink:

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:51 am

Come on out and train with us, you are welcome anytime..

Mo

SD Pheasant Slayer

Post by SD Pheasant Slayer » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Those are some good looking dogs! Cash and I cannot wait 'til September. He looks so much like a black version of May that it's scary!
Almost Heaven's Daddy's Paycheck - "Cash"

"In the end, our society will be defined not by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy."
- John Sawhill

HMiller

Post by HMiller » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:33 pm

We can't wait for September either!! I know, it's scary how much Mae and Cash look alike!! Does Cash also like to sleep under the covers?? I think she jumped on Doug's head last night trying to get into the bed and under the covers! :) (she's not spoiled or anything...) :D

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:24 pm

Looks like there is good progress!!!
brenda

MillerClemsonHD

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:03 am

Thanks again Bruce. Now as long as we do all of our Summer homework we should be in good shape come this fall. Another great trip to WV just wish it was a shorter drive, but worth it for the pups and us to get the training.

Maurice we will try to make it down to see you either later this month or in May. Its amazing how far they have come since that first time we came down to your place.

Brenda, Bruce made some great progress with the pups. Think he made some big strides in the couple of weeks after you saw them at the trial.

SD Pheasant Slayer

Post by SD Pheasant Slayer » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:52 am

HMiller,

Cash is a big fan of starting under the covers as well. However, he usually gets too hot, moves to the foot of the bed and pulls the covers off of me and into a nice cozy pile for him to sleep on. Then he usually decides that 5 am is the best time to go outside and gives my face a thorough washing until I wake up. There are times it takes every ounce of self control not to kick his butt out of the bedroom, but he somehow manages to repeat the process every night - go figure huh? Spoiled is a good way of putting it I guess.
Almost Heaven's Daddy's Paycheck - "Cash"

"In the end, our society will be defined not by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy."
- John Sawhill

edondero

Post by edondero » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Goofy dogs, both of 'em. Not worth a darn....

HMiller

Post by HMiller » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:24 pm

Em - them are fightin' words... :wink:
we could say some equal things about Miss Lacey.... cheeseburger is the first thing that comes to mind... :D