? on starter gun

dustinweim

? on starter gun

Post by dustinweim » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:50 am

i have a semi auto 22 hand gun do the make blanks i could use for some thing like this or do i have to buy a blank gun
thanks dustin

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Re: ? on starter gun

Post by RayGubernat » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:18 pm

It is my understanding that most clubs(and their insurance carriers) require that any pistols used, are manufactured with solid barrels. There are some clubs which permit the use of a shotgun with special blank ammo, but I am not aware of any amateur organizations which permit the use of fully functional pistols or revolvers. There are some states where the act of carrying a functioning pistol or revolver is against the law. Be careful with short guns.

I would say NO to your question.

RayG

dustinweim

Post by dustinweim » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:21 pm

i am looking for training starter blanks that is all

CherrystoneWeims

Post by CherrystoneWeims » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:54 pm

If you plan on doing FT's or HT's with your pups then you MUST have a blank pistol. AKC regs. say you can't use anything that can actually fire ammo.
Pam
Cherrystone Weimaraners
Breeding for Conformation and Performance
NFC/FC Cherrystone La Reine De Pearl
CH Cherystone Perl of Sagenhaft MH,SDX,NRD,VX,BROM
CH Cherrystone Gone With the Wind JH

JimB

Post by JimB » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:09 pm

Dustin
As stated above, a working firearm is not allowed in any trials unless a bird is killed in the event. However, I think your question is ' will a blank load work in a semi auto ? The answer is yes, if you load the round into the chamber yourself, BUT no if you want it to load from the clip.
JimB
Rosewood Kennels
Larned, KS
www.RosewoodKennels.net

dustinweim

Post by dustinweim » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:48 pm

thanks and yes that was my question i just want to use the gun for training only

donnie_19

Post by donnie_19 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:41 am

You can get 22 blanks from Home Depot or Lowes. They are used in concrete nail guns. You can get 100 for $5. bucks. I don't know if they will feed in your automatic as they might not have enough power to push to bolt open after you fire. Might not feed from the clip either. I got a H&R revolver that I use for training and it works great.
Donnie