Wild Bird Training

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Wild Bird Training

Post by tommyboy72 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:46 pm

I took my 2 english pointers and my setter out today for a run on some wild blue quail and thought I would post some pics. In every pic the dogs are actually pointing wild quail, these are not staged pics. I happened to catch some really good shots today and just wanted to share some of them.

Just a couple of shots of where I hunt quail

Last edited by tommyboy72 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

gmanksu

Re: Wild Bird Training

Post by gmanksu » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Great looking pics. See any buzztails while you were running dogs?

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Matter of fact I came 2 feet from stepping on a baby. Luckily he crawled back in a hole about the same time I saw him and jumped back. :D

Chief_dog

Post by Chief_dog » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:25 pm

Tom, Great pics! We've got to get together this summer and do some training.

briarpatch

Post by briarpatch » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:36 pm

beautiful pictures and beautiful dog work ,
you know for long tails :lol: just kidding very sharp beautiful dogs..

had this nor easterner thinking for a couple minutes what the heck is a Buzztail then I figured it out duh rattles :oops:

I do have a question though perhaps you can help me, how do you put all those pics in one post every time I try to upload pics at three I get a warning that says I can only load 3 to a post?

Keep those sharp pictures coming
love to see great dogs at work (even when they aren't of the stubby tail variety)

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:00 am

Briar go to http://photobucket.com or just type photobucket.com into your address bar to take you to the website and set up an account and then upload your pics to your account from your computer but make sure that when you do upload them you specify that you only want the pics at 640x480 resolution to post to Gundog Forum or it will cut off some of your pic when you put it in the post and then after you upload the pic when you run your cursor over the pic on your photobucket account it will give you a list of choices including the image or img code then you copy and paste that code into your post. Also if you have several pics to upload to photobucket use the bulk upload feature which is on the toolbar at the top of your photobucket homepage under the albums and upload tab. Just click on the bulk upload feature on the drop down menu and it will take you to a screen where you can make a checkmark by all the pics that you want to upload to your account from your computer. This is very very much faster than using the standard upload method on your photobucket homepage. It sounds much more complicated than it really is and trust me using the photobucket account to upload pics to Gundog Forum is worth the effort to set up an account rather than doing via the attachment method you are using now. Also you can post as many pics as you want to a single post if you do it via photobucket.

Chief we will definitely have to get together this summer to do some training. I just started working at Seaboard at the plant as a QA. I was having trouble finding a job with my Finance degree but finally got back to work. Hopefully sometime in the next couple of months I will be moving over to Guymon. Give me a call any weekend you are going out to train and maybe we can get together if you still have my number. I am working the night shift till about 2 a.m. so that kinda rules out early morning training for me at least for a little while.

PrairieGoat

Post by PrairieGoat » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:21 am

Nice pictures! Takes a good dog to pin down blue quail, their little legs were made for running!!!

Randy

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:02 am

Yeah I was lucky to get so many good pics. They don't hold very long even when they do hold them down. Each time they moved out in front of the dog about 20 yards or so and then flushed when I walked up. The exception being that point by my Setter which I walked around and took pictures from different angles and the bird was sitting right on top of that log pile and didn't flush until I walked right up to the pile. I didn't even see the darn bird sitting there.

PowerPoint

Post by PowerPoint » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:57 pm

Cool pics.I especially like the 4th pic.It loks like one of those old fashoned paintings..

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 pm

Powerpoint, it is funny that you say that because that is exactly what I told my wife. :D

briarpatch

Post by briarpatch » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:36 pm

Tommyboy,
Thanks for the information, I will have to give it a try in the future

Dennis

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:50 pm

No problem. It sounds complicated but once you go through the process once you will have it down pat.