Birds Beware, Ok Maybe In A Couple Years

KALEBSDAD

Birds Beware, Ok Maybe In A Couple Years

Post by KALEBSDAD » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:15 pm

This is our son Kaleb and our pup we got from Brenda at Walnut Hills, first if anyone is looking for a GSP, You could not hope to get one from any finer people than Brenda and Rick, absolutly wonderful people,

We were lucky enough to meet some very nice people, while we were there to get our pup, two of which were Grant and his wife, talked with Grant while we were looking at pups, Grant also met our son Kaleb and our daughter Katie, in the course of our conversation and a couple pm's after returning home, Grant sent Kaleb a Gundog Forum shirt with a nice message from him on it, Kaleb has had some challenges put in his life, he has some learning disabilities, we know that there are things that he will never do, he enjoys our dogs very much and enjoys running them with me, he has informed me, the pup we got from Brenda is his, and I am very proud of the help he has been with her, just wanted to publicly give Grant a huge THANK YOU for sending the shirt, you really made his day, he must have asked me and his mom a thousand times, " When will my shirt be here "........Thank You again Grant, for putting a huge smile on my boys face...

Kaleb and His pup Lizzy

Kaleb sporting his new Gundogs shirt

snips
GDF Junkie

Re: Birds Beware, Ok Maybe In A Couple Years

Post by snips » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:24 pm

Kaleb looks like he could be the new GDF Model!!! Pretty awsome...
brenda

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Beautiful photos. You are lucky to have a good little helper like Kaleb. :wink: Kudos to Grant for an act that brightened Kaleb's day.

KALEBSDAD

Post by KALEBSDAD » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:37 pm

snips wrote:Kaleb looks like he could be the new GDF Model!!! Pretty awsome...
Funny you should mention that, his mother and I have often thought, that a career in modeling, could be in his future.... :D

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Good luck with that pair, I am sure they will teach one another many life lessons.

KALEBSDAD

Post by KALEBSDAD » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:44 pm

wems2371 wrote:Beautiful photos. You are lucky to have a good little helper like Kaleb. :wink: Kudos to Grant for an act that brightened Kaleb's day.
You should have seen him when I brought the package in... " MY SHIRT...MY SHIRT "..... it was great..... :D

KALEBSDAD

Post by KALEBSDAD » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:59 pm

ACOOPER..... think maybe I have my work cut out for me......LOL

I, like I think most people do, sometimes get caught up in the everyday worries and stress that life throws at us, my wife would say that I can be rough, calus, and I am sure sometimes even down right difficult......... but I tell you what, this boy can choke me up in a second, when we are running one of the older dogs, to see him get all excited and say " look Dad, she's on point " or after I have dropped a bird, we are waiting for the retrieve,he says " Good job, Dad " or just out of the blue he says...." Dad, You're my best friend "..... times like that, I know I am truly blessed and that stuff my wife says....... well she's just wrong... :roll:

briarpatch

Post by briarpatch » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:55 pm

Kaleb looks like he could be the new GDF Model!!! Pretty awsome...
Beautiful photos. You are lucky to have a good little helper like Kaleb. Kudos to Grant for an act that brightened Kaleb's day.
Good luck with that pair, I am sure they will teach one another many life lessons.

I couldnt have said it any better than the above statements

keep the picture's flowing can't get enough of those great pic's

Dennis

Killer Instinct

Post by Killer Instinct » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:19 pm

Your son is a cutie & so is the pup! What a team they will make.... Enjoy every minute, for time will fly by so fast....
.·´¯`·... ><((((º> Tammy ·.¸. ><((((º> .·´¯`·.

Image Image Image Image

Plum Thickets Emma
Northern Lights Abby

midwestfisherman

Post by midwestfisherman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Cool stuff. Congrats on the new pup. Looks like Kaleb and Lizzy will make a great team for years to come. :)
Image * Image

"Your best conservation tool is a well trained hunting dog"

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:16 pm

Awesome pics! I'm so glad he enjoyed the shirt! I'm sure Katie would share the GDF Model position with Kaleb :-)

lightonthebay

Post by lightonthebay » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:23 am

It's always great to see kids and dogs enjoying life.

NC Quailhunter

Post by NC Quailhunter » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:09 am

Now that looks like a combination we all need to be aware of. The future of gundogs and birdhunting has seen a pair shining new stars. I look forward to the stories of the two growing together and the mischief that they will get into.
I'd rather live on the side of a mountain, than wander through canyons of concrete and steel.

kerplunk105

Post by kerplunk105 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Your son is very cute as well as the pupper!
-Elizabeth
Bliss, Labrador
Tegan, Weim/Labrador

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:15 am

Kalebsdad, I am pretty rough and extremely difficult myself to which my wife will attest. I have 2 sons of my own both of whom are very young still and my oldest (21 month old Brodie) absolutely loves my dogs and melts my heart as well so I know what you are going through. I am 6'3" tall and 315 pounds and both my little boys bring me to my knees. In all seriousness, hearing your story and what Grant did for him is honestly choking me up as I type. Way to go Grant you deserve a big pat on the back and someone should by you a beer. It does my heart good to see that someone out there still has some compassion and kindness and is willing to reach out to others. Nice job.

KALEBSDAD

Post by KALEBSDAD » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:24 pm

My Mom came out to our place the other day, we had the pup we got from Brenda out, my Mom says, " it that the pup you just went and got", before I could answer, Kaleb says, " Yep, that's my bird dog "..... cracked me up