dropped pup off at trainer

evantraylor

dropped pup off at trainer

Post by evantraylor » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:41 pm

dropped my 8 month old gsp off at the trainer today.
www.andersonkennel.com , is the guy im using. i really liked him. this is my first bird dog, so i wanted her done right. he was messing with her and seeing how much she knew and where she was at. took her out to the pond to see if she would swim. there were about 20 cows out. she bolted after those cows. i was so mad and embarrased. although it was kind of humorous watching this gsp chase cows like a red heeler. all in all she did well, and im anxious to see how she will turn out. he had a lab he was working, and taught the dog hand signals, and guided the dog to the bird. i had never seen this, it was awesome to watch

muddycreek

Re: dropped pup off at trainer

Post by muddycreek » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Good luck! Dropping a dog off at a trainers is nerve wracking, but once you get your dog back hopefully you will be happy. I know I have been amazed at what my dogs have learned in a short time while at the trainers. It has always been money well spent in my book.

P.S. I think you got the incorrect website linked :oops:

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:02 pm

The guy has Latin Girls on his website...?????????????
brenda

evantraylor

Post by evantraylor » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:10 pm

my mistake it is www.andersonkennels.com

i hope she turns out awesome. he was a really nice guy, and his dogs seemed to be trained very well.

Mike50

Post by Mike50 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:49 pm

Just because you sent your dog to a trainer doesn't mean he is trained. He should have a list or tell you what you need to keep working on. And how to go about it. What you need to do with your dog once he comes home. When you pick him up bring a pen and paper and take notes. Been there done that.

evantraylor

Post by evantraylor » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:49 pm

well, one of the reasons i went with this guy, was one because he's good, two he is nearby. i work for the fire department, so on my days off i get to go work with him and her, so ill actually know whats goin on, and it will be me and her workin together. so hopefully all turns out well...