emergency help needed in Idaho

maverick351

emergency help needed in Idaho

Post by maverick351 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:54 am

Hello to all of you. I am in a bad situation and desperately need some help. Sorry this is a bit long but its to let all of you know whats going on. I moved to Idaho from Arizona. I had a job here in Idaho that I was moving here for. After arriving the job has shutdown due to corporate restructuring. I was unaware of this before I got here. My fiance our 7 yr old son our 6 month old daughter and our dog were living with someone we knew who had been a friend for many years. Well my fiance has been babysitting for money and we were paying rent and part of the bills to our friend for letting us live with them. We just found out our friend has not paid rent nor any of the bills and has blown all of the money and we are now all being evicted. This is what I am looking for. I need a person to possibly take my dog or hopefully hold them for me till we get settled and I will repay them for this. I also need someone who is willing to help out my family and give us a temporary place to live. We are not in a financial sittuation to move in through a realty company or anything like that. We are not wanting or asking for free living just some one who understands our situation and is willing to work with us while we recoup and get on our feet. I am currently searching for work but am willing and able to do anything. My family and I are located in Nampa Idaho. Please search your hearts and help keep my family from living out of our truck. Thank you all and God Bless. I am also going to include my Cell phone number for anyone to reach me with any help. 480-334-7599 Randy and my fiance Heidi

topher40
GDF Junkie

Re: emergency help needed in Idaho

Post by topher40 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:18 pm

Tough story Randy, wish I could help! If you were closer I would take your dog in a heartbeat for free. Hang in there!
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

maverick351

Post by maverick351 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:48 pm

Thank you. I know not all of you are close but those who are please reach out and pay it forward. I promise I will personally return the favor someday or somehow. Sometimes God gives us difficult times to help bring people together and lend a helping hand.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 pm

if we got up a collection and could send you some camping gear could you get by untill you found a place and employment

maverick351

Post by maverick351 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:19 pm

I actually have some camping gear but not much. Just the basics a tent, sleeping bags, cooler and stove. We are seriously considering this option. BUt our main concern is our children. Our daughter is sick and has a horrible cough sore throat and runny nose that comes from an upper respiritory infection. It is not contagious. We have taken her to the doctor already and the said to keep her indoors to keep her from it turning into pnuemonia. She can be outside for short periods but to camp outside would possibly be too much on her. However it may be our only choice.

windswept

Post by windswept » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Randy,
Have you tried your family back home in Arizona?
I'm not trying to be harsh but a few things seem odd here. Why do you still have a dog? They cost money to feed and you have no income and two kids to care for. Don't get me wrong, I love my dogs but they day I can't afford to provide a roof over my kids head is the day the dogs leave.
My best advice is to get a job, any job (even flipping burgers at McDonalds if necessary) and rent an apartment.
I may face some critisism for my comments but in the long run I think my advice is sound.

maverick351

Post by maverick351 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:24 pm

The reason we still have a dog is that we just foud out about this situation with our (friend) not paying the bills with the money we gave last night. I have been doing temp labor and making some money and my fiance has been babysitting. We were making some money and able to get by but were not wealthy by anymeans. That is why I am looking for help to possibly foster or take him until we are back on our feet. As far as our family we are our family. Both single children from parents who are either no longer living or have never been around. So hard to ask help from family when there is none. It is hard to prepare for a situation when it blind sights you. I am looking for work and yes places are hiring but there are alot you are over qualified. I understand where you are coming from but I am not asking for money or trying to scam people. I am simply asking for a helping hand or a shoulder to lean on during hard times.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:09 pm

I understand Windswept's questions. I work at the jail and can tell you that a lot of scammers are around.

It's a risk to take a stranger into your home but we've done it and it resulted in a life long friendship.

I've been in tough times tough when all there was to eat was chili sauce - long before food banks or safe homes for women.

I hope someone responds to your need, sticks their neck out and takes a chance. Good luck to you.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:38 pm

as for your dog ...might look into the local rescue programs maybe they can foster your dog until such time as you can get on your feet you cab google your breeds rescues in idaho for that

will send a prayer your way for things to work out for you and your family
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

maverick351

Post by maverick351 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Ok so I am gonna try to clear something up since I have recieved a few negative phonecalls now. I am not asking anyone to send me cash or any other form of monetary support. I am asking for someone who has the room to open up their hearts to a family in need. I am willing to sign anything required to prove I will pay back anything for rental purposes or even for watching my dog if it is required. We are not wanting to live and be supported for free. Just someone who can be flexible and understanding. This is not a scam it is a family in need. Thank you to those who understand. And yes I can get a job but the apartments around here are wanting me to make more than I can earn at a burger joint and all of the apartments take money and time to get into. Those are both something that I do not have much of right now.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Negative phone calls?? That's too much. You know why some people give people in need a hard time? Because they are afraid it might happen to them someday. To believe that a nice guy whose trying his best can be in trouble is too scary for them. Hang in. Things have got to get better. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

firstchoicehardwood

Post by firstchoicehardwood » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:22 pm

I don't know. Sounds like a scam to me. I would think there are better places to ask for help then a bird dog forum. Surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.

Meller

Post by Meller » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Before anyone does any judging, it might be prudent to look into the past post's of Mavrick351; he has not been here for along time, and in my opion is not asking for
anything unreasonable; and if anyone think's this cannot happen to them, then thier
wrong. Only wish I were closer where I could lend a hand.
Just hang in there Mav. You and yours will be in my prayers.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Yeah, it's pretty far out that someone would lose their job or place to live in this day and age. :roll: What's the scam, you foster a guys dog for 6 months to a year? Maybe you rent him a house for a couple months dirt cheap. If you've ever been in a place of desperation, you ask for help anywhere you can get it. I think it is appropriate to ask to foster a dog on GDF. I've made some good friends on GDF, that I believe would help me out if they could. I know I would help them. I think Maverick's just looking for that too. Keep in mind, he hasn't asked for money, and at minimum a place for his dog and at maximum a short term place for his family. Sounds like a hand-up needed, not a hand-out.

I am sorry I'm so far away, or I'd help with the dog or in finding your family a place to stay. If you can think of a way this Iowa girl can help, PM me. I also don't mind going without my workday doughnut for a couple weeks, in order to send a few dollars. Seriously, at worst, I'll be parting with a few thousand calories! :wink: Best wishes and hang in there. Denise

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:02 pm

If you were in OK I would have a kennel for your dog and a bed for your family. Good luck, someone will help.

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:58 am

Maverik,
Try not to take some of the comments too personally. It's just the way the world is now...everyone thinks everyone else is trying to put the screws to them. One of our family friends was in a similar situation. He was giving his mom money to keep her house out of forclosure for back taxes in exchange for living there. A few months later is was discovered his dear old mom was blowing the money instead of paying the taxes. They were lucky enough to have other options.

I wouldn't venture a guess on how many members we have from the ID area but can't imagine it's a lot, so I hope your looking elsewhere. I've worked in the healthcare industry for many years and I would venture to guess if you visit the local hospital and/or health department and speak with the social work department and explain the situation with your daughters illness they would help steer you in the right direction and let you know what help might be available. You might also try the churches in the area. Like many of the others I'm too far away to be of any assistance. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:22 am

Maverik- thanks for the positive pm-- hang in there- I wouldn't have listed my phone #- but I understand you- anyone who hasn't had a hard time just doesn't have open eyes

what you should do imediately is contact the closest welfare department- social services- remember- their number one goal is to assure a childs well being and there is help- it's what we pay taxes for- check with them and let us know

my Britt's mean alot to me- think your dog does also- I'd say you should keep it if possible- mans best freind you know- and they don't complain

hey Ezzy or V-John- possible this post sits ok with you- could you offer any suggestions

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:38 am

For anyone needing help there are many social agencies that should be contacted. And most have been named already. There is normally money, food and some help with shelter. Contact them all. And then do whatever you can to add to the support whether it is enough or not. It will be hard for most of us to help a whole lot when we are scattered all over the country.

Your local church is a good place to start and then contact the agencies in that area. Good luck as you make every effort to take care of the kids and family.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Hey...I have an old friend in the area. She may be able to help get you pointed in the right direction and may even be willing to foster your pup for a little while. Times are tough and I know Kathleen to be pretty sincere in most avenues of her life. Kathleen and Rick Mallory are in Parma, ID.

Here is her website http://www.angelfire.com/id/castellpwc/

Tell her Helen ROGERS sent you to her for help when you contact her. She can call me with questions if she wants.

maverick351

Post by maverick351 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:21 pm

To all of those who have offered help or even a prayer or kind words thank you. My family and I are out on the 31st. I am having to use the public library to respond to all of you since things are being shut off (phones, internet,electric, water and such. It is greatly appreciated all of those who believe in us and know we are not scamming any one. We are searching the churches and other resources but we always get told things take time. So this may be my last post on here for a while till things get better. Once again thakn you and god bless to all of you who have kindness in your hearts and a compassion for others.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Sorry to hear that. Good luck Maverick, and I sure do hope to see you again on here. Take care and best wishes to you and your family. Denise

maverick351

Post by maverick351 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:53 pm

To the kind gentleman RIchard who I spoke with about my dog. PLease call me again whenever you can at 480-334-7599. I am sorry I lost your number. Thank you again.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:03 pm

Good Luck

Sorry we can't be of more help :cry:

take care
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.