You guessed it--more puppy photos and video:)

wems2371
GDF Junkie

You guessed it--more puppy photos and video:)

Post by wems2371 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:04 pm

Since I usually have a camera and dogs in tow, everywhere I go, I've got more Brandi photos for anyone in need of yet another GDF puppy fix. The photo slideshow was taken during the last 2 weeks. Brandi is now around 12 weeks old. She went to her 2nd NAVHDA training day last weekend, where she took to swimming like a fish. Today we took the gsp girls to swim again, and the video is attached. Potty breaking has went really well the last few days and she is trying to be a regular INSIDE :twisted: the pigeon coop. I have a new 4 x 8 walk-in loft with 35+ birds in it, and if I don't sneak in backwards or have my husband hold her back when I enter, she's inside in a heartbeat. She can't catch 'em, but she sure dreams about it. Going to have to start doing pigeon chores when she's sleeping in the crate.

Roxi did her first bloodtrack last weekend, is coming along with the pigeon pole/walking birds, and we are heading towards steady to shot soon. Took some video of all that and Brandi's first swimming at training day, but wouldn't you know it, new camera is off for warranty work--as it wouldn't transfer to computer. Hoping it comes back intact with my footage, but not holding my breath.

And congrats to Walnut Hill on Gamble's Odessey Fritz being the Spotlight Dog in this month's Versatile Hunting Dog magazine. I was tickled pink :wink: , when I flipped the page, and spotted him. Denise

My favorite photo. Happiness x 10.

Photo slideshow. Click on image.

Today's video. Click on image.
As an edit: If or when video gets glitchy, click on pause and wait 30 seconds or so before hitting play again. That'll make it run smooth.

wfkgsps

Re: You guessed it--more puppy photos and video:)

Post by wfkgsps » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Good stuff...thanks for sharing!

briarpatch

Post by briarpatch » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:56 pm

Very cool Denise especially the video, :mrgreen:

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:46 am

Thats awsome stuff. :) She looks alot like her Mom, but I see Fritz there too. Fritz had such a natural desire in the water and seems to throw it. I have a yr and 1/2 old male, Sammy that is a carbon of Fritz doing a duck search, and has done it once last summer and once this summer. It is amazing. I am glad NAVHDA put that in, he is very deserving as a Versatile, many dogs have done more in NAVHDA, but not more in field titles. TeE pic in the flowers could win a photo contest...
brenda

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:33 am

Denise,
Very nice slideshow & video. The puppy (Brandi?) is a real character!

Rob
May all your dog's points be productive & your arrows avoid all timber

kerplunk105

Post by kerplunk105 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:38 am

Great video! Looks like they were having fun.
-Elizabeth
Bliss, Labrador
Tegan, Weim/Labrador

kumate

Post by kumate » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:05 pm

Very cool vid, id say she took to the water

Jerry

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Thanks everyone. Brandi's a good little pup. Took the two gsps today too a rural park with pond...suppose to be on leash. :oops: Husband was having Brandi retrieve a left behind swim floatie, while Roxi went and decided to retrieve a domestic mallard out of the shallow water. :o No one was around but us, Roxi retrieved to hand, and we threw the quacking evidence (unharmed) back into the pond. :roll: It'll be double the trouble with these two! :D

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:14 pm

Too funny...I don't know if Roxi is a bad influence or good :roll:
brenda

gunner

Post by gunner » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:26 am

I enjoyed watching the pups in the water. What a great time and experience.

However I did notice something that appears to be perhaps a form of algae around the pound.

Algae and other forms of aquatic plant life is something not to be extremely fearful, but I think folks that enjoy working their dogs in ponds and lakes should be aware.

There were numerous reports last summer of illnesses and I'm aware of one dog's death from a form of blue'green algae.

I noticed today on another forum a member had posted a good informational flyer regarding this. It might be a good idea for those of us that enjoy working our dogs in ponds and lakes to review....

http://www.pca.state.mn.us/water/clmp-toxicalgae.html

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:40 am

Thanks so much for the info. The farm pond definitely gets, duckweed and algae in the shallow spots. It looks to be run-of-the-mill normal, by looking at those website photos and descriptions. But we're in the water a lot with our dogs, so we'll definitely keep our eyes open. No sense in taking unnecessary risks.

1doogie

Post by 1doogie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:03 pm

Wems,
Where can I pick up a copy of that magazine other than subscribing for it? I would like to see the artical of Fritz??