Shadows Attitude

Singleshot

Shadows Attitude

Post by Singleshot » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Saw this on another website and wanted to post to try to help them out!

Shadows Attitude STOLEN!

CASH HAS COME UP MISSING. A REWARD IS BEING OFFERED TO ANYONE WHO HAS ANY INFORMATION ON THE WHERE ABOUTS OF "CASH" PLEASE CONTACT DAN MARTIN

CONTACT INFO
Ravenswood
Dan Martin
1685 Radio Hill Rd.
Boonville, MO 65233
(660) 8880237

bobman

Re: Shadows Attitude

Post by bobman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:12 pm

wow maybe you should get some pictures of him to post
currently two shorthairs, four english pointers, one Brittany, one SPRINGER a chihuahua and a min pin lol

solon

Post by solon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:39 pm

S

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:28 pm

I also saw that Cash is missing. Dog thieves are about as low as one can get in my book.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:24 pm

That just makes me feel sick. I'm very sorry. A month ago my dog got lost and was picked up by someone who didn't call but kept him. The microchip and the police were needed to get her back. I did get her back though, and I hope the same thing happens with Cash.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:06 pm

To bad to hear! Problem with this situation is that this dog will never be found alive if ever. Attitude is worthless if you cant register pups out of him or run him, so why keep him around? Sounds like someone is trying to take the competition, like I said to bad to hear. :x
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:32 pm

Way to be optimistic Chris. :)

You can always breed him to a good female and register the pups to another male but then there is DNA testing if it is required.

You trialers are a strange bunch. If you keep getting your butt kicked in competition half of it falls on the trainers shoulders so it sounds like someone should do a little more training and conditioning work rather than steal and hide or do worse to a fine running, champion producing dog. I guess there will always be cheats and lazy competitors out there who would rather resort to tactics like that rather than put in the work required to win. Whoever did it needs to realize there are many people who would love to be in a situation where they could train, breed, and compete dogs as a living rather than working some humdrum job till they get so old they get pushed out and then go live in a retirement home somewhere. I will get off my soap box now but is sad to think that something like that is possible.

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:48 pm

Without DNA testing you couldnt get the money required to justify stealing the dog in the first place. Not only trialers are goofy, like the song states..... "Beer is good, God is great and people are crazy!" Nothing there about Trialers....... :wink: :lol:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:55 pm

I hope they find Cash I really do, but Chris is right, he is worthless now to anyone trying to register pups out of him. Bad deal all around, but those are the facts.
Chip
Last edited by lvrgsp on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:28 am

If i caught some one trying to steal one of my dogs it would be just like trying to burglarize my home or kidnap my kids....they would be leaving my property in a bag. you got to be real low to steal dog like that......

I guess if you have high value dogs or big trial dogs you need to invest the money to install security cams around the kennel just as another precaution what a shame.

Drifter Saver

Post by Drifter Saver » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:21 am

Horrible news!

Has there been any progress made on finding/recovering him in the last few days?
If its not a bird dog, it's just a dog!

megschristina

Post by megschristina » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:26 pm

Oh no, that is awful. That is Jill's dad. Sorry to hear. Hope he is found.
The reason a dog has so many friends, is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Jill's Pedigree- http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2120

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:16 pm

U know, I havent looked how far booneville is from the cape girardeau area but, there was a couple of guys who worked for a trash company that stole over 500 dogs from various people and just sold them to other people. It is a long shot but something to look into. Just thought i would throw that out there. Hope he turns up.

Mike

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:41 pm

Darn hillbillies from Missouri. :D That is where all my family lives and where my parents are originally from over around the Troy and Elsberry areas. That is why I stay 12 hours away in Oklahoma. One of my uncles actually works for a trash company as a trashman over around the Bowling Green area. Darn shame that public servants would do something like this. People like that should be made to work free of charge for all of the people they sold stolen dogs to to pay them back and then made to work for free for the people they stole the dogs from to pay for all of the training and behavioral problems that have to be worked out of the dogs if they are returned.

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:10 pm

I believe these boys are looking at time in the pen. I believe they took dogs in three different counties. pretty low down if you ask me.

Mike

Meller

Post by Meller » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 pm

Guess I missed it on the Booville thing , maybe someone could enlighten me hopefully.
I only live 30 miles from there, if you think he is around there I'll keep a close eye out for him.

stlgsp

Post by stlgsp » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:04 am

Just a thought, but some of the rescue groups that work with the pointing breeds should probably be notified just in case he's picked up by someone and turned in to one.

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:38 am

Maybe a dumb question...but how is it known that Cash was "stolen". Could he have escaped/got out or just run away?
Bill L.

BrettBryan

Post by BrettBryan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:12 am

I'm not sure if this info. is correct, but i heard his owner lets him out of the pen every afternoon. Apparently, this one afternoon, Cash decided to take a stroll. They are not certain what happened after that. So, the info. i got was that he was "not" taken or stolen out of his kennel.
Old dogs, children, and watermelon wine

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:36 am

I'm not sure if this info. is correct, but i heard his owner lets him out of the pen every afternoon. Apparently, this one afternoon, Cash decided to take a stroll. They are not certain what happened after that. So, the info. i got was that he was "not" taken or stolen out of his kennel.
Well that information certainly changes the complection of things. He could have been hit, injured, lost or otherwise distracted. I had a male pointer get "lost" a couple of years ago that was gone for two weeks. I assumed he was dead or gone because I'd looked and called everywhere. Turns out he stumbled acrossed a great dane in heat about a mile away and had been camped outside her pen. The owners were nice enough to feed him but didn't think to call the number on his tag.

kylenicholas02

Post by kylenicholas02 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:43 am

Amazing what the smell of a female can do to a man huh?
KN

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:04 am

Amazing what the smell of a female can do to a man huh?
Oh...the troubles this has caused me over the years!!!

kylenicholas02

Post by kylenicholas02 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:14 am

You or your dogs? lol... Cant tell how many times the same has happened to me.. I think there's a Chris Cagle song hits it on the head.... "The Chicks Dig it"
KN

Singleshot

Post by Singleshot » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:49 pm

As I had originally posted, I read it on another website. I have made an attempt to the owner to get the updated info and latest happenings but have received no reply. This is the site where he posted http://gundogcentral.com/gundog.php?dogID=4371

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:33 am

Cash is still missing. His collar turned up at a truck stop without him in it. Whoever has him knows that he doesn't belong to them and opted to discard the ID collar and keep him.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:19 am

Cash is still missing. His collar turned up at a truck stop without him in it. Whoever has him knows that he doesn't belong to them and opted to discard the ID collar and keep him.
That's sad news!

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:08 pm

I hope the owner contacts the rescue groups. There was a case a few years ago when a pro trainer had his entire rig stolen, with several pointers and setters inside. Evidently, the thief was after the rig itself and not the dogs, which he dumped along the way (idiot. The dogs were more valuable than the trailer!). Some of the setters ended up with a rescue group here in Georgia. A girlfriend of mine had one of them on the table at the vet to be neutered when the call came in that it might be a stolen dog. Turns out it was one from the missing rig and they were able to reunite it with the owner. The dog got a microchip after that.

Aline
http://zzfarms.com
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:41 pm

(idiot. The dogs were more valuable than the trailer!).
Like it has been said earlier in the post...only to the owner with the papers.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Ron R wrote:Cash is still missing. His collar turned up at a truck stop without him in it. Whoever has him knows that he doesn't belong to them and opted to discard the ID collar and keep him.
This is the most disgusting thread I have read since I became a member of the forum. I personally know Ron R and I will guarantee you that he has the correct information or he would have not posted it.

Some of you read in one of my posts on a thread concerning someone abusing a dog in the field. I made the comment that you had to consider the consequenses before taking action. Please disregard my comment on that. If this happened to one of my dogs and If I could get a clue as to who did it and could not get proof to take it to court, I would end up in jail!!!!!!!!!! In my mind, I would have no other choice.

Charlie
I meant to say that it is the most disgusting thing that has happened, not that the thread wa disgusting :oops:
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:09 pm

By any chance was the dog Microchipped

i have seen where some jerk picked up a friends dog when he was out training and that dog months later got out and was picked up by animal control and was returned to my friend because when the dog was scanned they found the microchip

but this is pretty bad some people are just Low :(
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:46 am

When did this happen?
Matt Rogers

Vanguard Vizslas
www.vanguardvizslas.com

Rich Heaton

Post by Rich Heaton » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:33 pm

Vanguard wrote:When did this happen
I would assume sometime right before the first post on this subject,,, its 3 pages deep now.

Drifter Saver

Post by Drifter Saver » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Just curious if there was any update on this topic? I assume not...too bad.
If its not a bird dog, it's just a dog!

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:28 am

i know that was a looooong time ago but..........i am curiours how this turned out as well?????

birdogg42

Post by birdogg42 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:11 pm

NOBODY??????????????????

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:24 pm

It was last July. Took me a bit to even find the original poster's thread. Highly unlikely you'll get any response now.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett