Sneak preview new bird dog/hunting TV show

Scott Linden

Sneak preview new bird dog/hunting TV show

Post by Scott Linden » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:21 pm

Thanks, everyone, for your comments and suggestions. It's time to see what your ideas sparked in this TV producer's mind. Whether or not you put your two cents' worth in earlier, you're invited to see a "rough cut" of the first episode of Wingshooting USA. Hope you like it ... and that you recognize your suggestions somewhere in the show! Please spread the word, then visit:

http://scottlindenoutdoors.com/wingshoo ... ch-a-demo/

[Just remember, it is a ROUGH cut ... plenty still to do, but I wanted you to be among the first to see it.]
Follow the hunter with the longest nose!
http://scottlindenoutdoors.com

Shadow

Re: Sneak preview new bird dog/hunting TV show

Post by Shadow » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:06 pm

I liked it- first I've seen where it's more about the dogs than the talking and sponsers- think you've hit it- and two different dogs- looking forward to you on channel ICTV in Spetember- bye the way- I've watched the channel a bit- seems it's got some good hunting- hope you get more hunting on

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:09 pm

Thanks Shadow. I appreciate your comments. For me, it's all about the dogs.

mm

Post by mm » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:24 am

I liked the show because it was all about the dogs. I enjoyed watching them and I dont know if my opinion counts because I could watch that all day. I dont see anything like this on tv where I live. I would really like to see the next show when you hunt huns in montana will you put that on the site also. I dont get the channel where this will be aired.
mm

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:54 am

Scott- one suggestion- could you put a bit of pressure on to see that your segment runs at a regular time- without changing the time slot searching for the most viewers

think it could become right popular if it's at a set time- sort of like No Spin Zone

Duane M

Post by Duane M » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:30 am

Looks like a refreshing change of pace to me and for a rough cut it's better than a heck of alot of shows out today. I recognize that Pointer from somewhere :D

Busterb

Post by Busterb » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:08 am

Outstanding!!

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:09 pm

I think it was great!!! About the hunt of the dog which was great... some nice points. Hope to see A LOT more...

GSPVIZ

Post by GSPVIZ » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Looks great. I agree, I like that this is all about the dogs and not a show that shows 5 minutes of dogs working and 25 minutes of sponsor info.

Thanks for sharing.

What network will this air on again?

GSPVIZ

Post by GSPVIZ » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Dang I just saw that it was on dish network and direct tv.

Scott, will the episodes be posted on the internet like this pilot?

mbrowncrt

Post by mbrowncrt » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:38 pm

I enjoyed the show immensely! I wish the show the best of luck!!!!

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Shadow wrote:Scott- one suggestion- could you put a bit of pressure on to see that your segment runs at a regular time- without changing the time slot searching for the most viewers

think it could become right popular if it's at a set time- sort of like No Spin Zone
Thanks everybody for your comments.

Shadow, while I'll never be Bill O'Reilly, the show WILL be on at the same time/day for the entire first thirteen weeks. Those are up on my site now. I'll have even better air times on Sportsman Channel starting in January; air times for ICTV in January still TBD.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:46 am

Scott nice show, like the smile on your face. You look familiar to me for some reason. (another show?) Got a challenge for you. Doing a good show of hunting Ruff grouse. Those seem far and few between. Tough to film. Look forward to seeing more dogs and maybe you guys too. :wink:
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:04 am

maybe not Bill but like Hunting With Hank- quite popular for some years- pretty realistic-
I saved your web site in favorites- nice
13 weeks in the same time slot is all anyone can ask
course you'll come back on here and ask us what we think after the first weeks showing

I've been watching some Ducks Decoys and Dogs, liked it- seems like good ole boys just having a good time

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:16 am

I watched the DDD show. Although it is headed in the right direction, it has way to many commercials way to many. Not enough about his carving or some of his friends carving, or carving history, not enough about the dogs, great locations, great folks etc. Need to pay for the show but just want more ducks, decoys, dogs.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:56 pm

Ruffshooter wrote:Scott nice show, like the smile on your face. You look familiar to me for some reason. (another show?) Got a challenge for you. Doing a good show of hunting Ruff grouse. Those seem far and few between. Tough to film. Look forward to seeing more dogs and maybe you guys too. :wink:
Hey Ruff,

Yep, until my divorce from Outdoor Channel I was a fixture there, with up to four series under contract (Cast & Blast, What the Dogs Taught Me, Clay Target Shootout and Scouting Adventures). Grouse are on the list - tough to get clear shots for gunner and camera operator - but we may pull it off!

Grange

Post by Grange » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:44 pm

I'm glad you focused on the dogs rather than the kills. Much more entertaining to me. I do like the idea of a contest for the viewers. Makes them pay more attention to the dog work. I'm sure you'll edit more, but the breathing (presumably from the cameraman) was distracting. Also the editing was a little jumpy to me, but that's coming from someone with no background in television to take it for what it's worth. Overall I liked it a lot and will watch it assuming I get the channel it's going to be shown.

GSP 4 me

Post by GSP 4 me » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:50 am

Scott,

First and foremost...BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR NEW SHOW!!! I really enjoyed watching it. I think you have a great recipe for a bird hunting program that focuses on the dogs for a change. It was great to see a camera following the dogs as they worked a field rather than the typical focus on the hunter with a glimpse of a dog flashing by. I found it entertaining to see both a young and older dog hunting together. I also liked the breed focus info. If you wish to expand on the breed information, visiting an occaisional breeder could help elaborate more details on the breed.

I hope you keep the show "real". Not everyone has the perfect champion field dog that does everything right. False points, trouble locating birds or difficulty with retrieves can happen on any hunt. This may also open up opportunities on your show if you wish to add some helpful training segments.

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress.