Careless ads

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Careless ads

Post by mountaindogs » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:57 pm

I am becoming bothered by so many casual all caps, ads that need a spellcheck and look like they were texted from a phone or something. If you are wantingto find a good home for your dog, can you not take the time to post a decent ad? Posting on a topic is one thing, and I don't type well when I get going either. However, on an ad for a potential new home for my dog, I think I would at least try to look like I can read and write. :roll:

midwestfisherman

Re: Careless ads

Post by midwestfisherman » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:34 pm

I definitely agree. And while they're at it a location and price would be nice info to have as well.
Image * Image

"Your best conservation tool is a well trained hunting dog"

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:18 am

I am becoming bothered by so many critical people that believe they know how to do it right and everyone else needs to conform to their way of doing things. If you don't like they way someone else does it - than keep quiet, don't buy what they are selling, and do it your own way.

Nitrex

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:40 am

nitrex wrote:I am becoming bothered by so many critical people that believe they know how to do it right and everyone else needs to conform to their way of doing things. If you don't like they way someone else does it - than keep quiet, don't buy what they are selling, and do it your own way.

Nitrex
This is the easy way.

However, if you want to help someone they need to have some things that will help them explained. Learning to read and write is just as important as learning to talk and listen. As long as it is done in a respectful and helpful way it just might help someone. There is a reason for the rules in good writing and it is to improve the understanding of what you are trying to communicate. It seems our schools have really let a lot of kids down by allowing them to pass without fundamental skills in communication.

That said I do agree some can get overly judgemental about a lot of things but I don't feel nicely explaining something that might help them achieve their goal as a problem.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:02 pm

My favorite is when an ad poster gets jumped for not having a location in the ad, but it clearly says where they are from under their name, this happens A LOT.

On the other hand I wish everyone posted pedigrees with dogs or puppies for sale.

JMO

Kmack

Post by Kmack » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:11 pm

While we're airing our wish lists for others posting ads - I would like someone to post a real nice 4-6 dog trailer for oh let's say $700.00.

highcotton
GDF Premier Member!

Post by highcotton » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:54 pm

I finally got through freshman comp on the third try. :lol: Some of us just do the best we can....

briarpatch

Post by briarpatch » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:17 pm

While we're airing our wish lists for others posting ads - I would like someone to post a real nice 4-6 dog trailer for oh let's say $700.00.

I BE WISHDED SUMBODY POSTED THAT WON ALSO :lol: ID BE BYEN

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:04 am

My biggest complaint about advertisement for pups and dogs is false titles on pedigrees. I don't know how many times I have seen dogs listed as a champion or in the hall of fame that really aren't. This goes for individual websites as it does too.