The worry wart puppies bring out in me...

wems2371
GDF Junkie

The worry wart puppies bring out in me...

Post by wems2371 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:36 pm

Am I the only nervous ninny when it comes to puppies? Thirty minutes ago, I was cooking dinner, when I heard some soft wimpering. On the other side of the couch, Brandi was holding up a hind leg. I had been keeping an eye on them, as I was cooking dinner just 20' away. But who knows. Maybe one of the girls knocked her down or maybe she cut a corner around the furniture too tight. Put the other dogs outside and took her gimpy butt to the bedroom, giving her a rawhide chip to distract her. (And no, she can't actually chew/eat them yet--cause a worry wart like me would worry about that. :roll:) Twenty minutes later, she's still limping, but doesn't mind standing or laying on the leg and is oblivious to palpation. I know she'll probably be looking good as new in a couple hours, but in the meantime I still worry. I remember when we got Roxi, it was the same story. Shortly after her arrival in our home, she toddled across the lawn and had her head buried in the grass for a few moments. I went over to discover she'd been eating some kind of toadstools. Boy did I freak and ran to the internet with a half-eaten slobbery sample, trying to identify what the potentially toxic morsel might be. Then there was the piddling everywhere, that turned out to be a simple UTI. Oh, and the kitty litter episodes, wondering how much of the clay litter she'd ingested along with her smelly find. I wonder too, how much driveway gravel I took out of her mouth, when Roxi was little. And how about the bump on Roxi's spine? Heck that was just a leftover from her first rabies shot, that eventually went away. Didn't help my mental status either that Roxi had growing pains for many months, before it was identified. And even then it wasn't a positive diagnosis to put my mind at ease.

Well, as I finish up this post, Brandi's up and about and gaiting just about perfect. I'm getting better this 2nd go round with a pup, but again I realize how silly I am. :oops: Am I the only one?

M1Tanker

Re: The worry wart puppies bring out in me...

Post by M1Tanker » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:44 pm

You are not alone...I have a ton of OCD with puppies also.

HMiller

Post by HMiller » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:28 pm

You're not alone! :D Maebyn is 15 months old and I still freak out when she's acting out of sorts or has gotten into something she shouldn't have... I have our vet on speed dial and call with concerns/questions when I don't think something is right... I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to our baby girl!
Miller's Mischievous Maebyn VDHimmel JH

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Am I the only nervous ninny when it comes to puppies?
Yes....your nuts!! Get a grip for God's sake!! :D :D :lol: My son stepped on my last pup and he limped around like yours. I was convinced he broke his leg..and told him so :oops: an hour later he was fine. They're like kids...very resilient.

Killer Instinct

Post by Killer Instinct » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:39 pm

wems2371 wrote:Am I the only nervous ninny when it comes to puppies? ...... but again I realize how silly I am. :oops: Am I the only one?
Worry? Who me? I thought I wasn't a "nervous ninny" until I came home 2 weeks ago and discovered fish hooks strewn across the entire living room floor (we keep the dogs inside the home while we work). One (or both?) of the two culprits destroyed a canister full of them that the hubby conveniently left on the end table. We were planning to go out of town without them for a 4 day trip the next day. So thinking "better safe than sorry", threw the Black & White Springer (Emma - hubby's dog - AKA "Evil" Emma)in the car & hightailed it to the vet for emergency x-rays. They didn't find a thing. Get home, hubby's like "are you sure it's not the other one who did it" (Abby - Liver & White - mine - AKA "adorable" Abby). Darn! Threw her in the car & preceded to vets for emergency x-rays. Thankfully both had clean x-rays. Moral of the story: "Nervous Ninny"? Yep.... :D
.·´¯`·... ><((((º> Tammy ·.¸. ><((((º> .·´¯`·.

Image Image Image Image

Plum Thickets Emma
Northern Lights Abby

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:49 am

My spouse would laugh out loud reading this :oops: "Cause I represent that remark!"

Streenie79

Post by Streenie79 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:43 am

I'm not sure "Nervous Ninny" even begins to describe me when it comes to puppies....so no, absolutely no, you're not the only one!

Streenie

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:27 pm

courious- are you married and have you had kids

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:06 pm

Nope, you're not alone... I'm Neurotic when it comes to my dogs, little lone defenseless helpless puppies. Besides, there's not a huge market for injured or sick puppies. I try and take every possible precaution, however nothing is completely safe no matter how hard you try, and there will always be a pup that won't make it now matter how hard you try. That is the WORST part about raising pups... It never gets easier to deal with either. :(
However, for every pup you lose, there are so many more that make you feel like a little kid again, and gives you that warm fuzzy feeling. :D
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

Doodle

Post by Doodle » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:48 pm

It looks like I finally have my new pup, at long last.
Oh yeah, I am married and I have kids.

And I look forward everything that is yet to come...the good, the bad, the ugly, and even those brief neurotic moments where I am a "nervous ninny".
You bet! I don't have a string of dogs and the purchase of this one took FOREVER, according to my spouse.

Oh yeah, livin' in the moment!