Dropped the pup off at the trainer yesterday

gus

Dropped the pup off at the trainer yesterday

Post by gus » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:19 pm

My wife dropped her brittany off at the trainer yesterday. She said that she wanted to turn around and pick him back up the entire trip home, misses her boy already. Keith
IMG_9676.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ESetterLove

Re: Dropped the pup off at the trainer yesterday

Post by ESetterLove » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:39 am

I hear ya! LOL It has been almost a month since I took my little girl to the trainer. (could even give you the time down to minutes if asked) Just remind yourselves daily that the end result will be worth the empty feeling in the end. I don't think it ever gets easier.... But this time around I can say I feel more at ease than the other times. I took it harder when our older Setter went his first time. It is good that you let her drop off the pup though... I think you might be the one more worried than she. ;)
Nice intense looking Brittany BTW

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:49 am

My wife and I were that way last year when we dropped our girl off. This year was the same, however the trainer sent us back with a dog as a loaner. Turns out, the boss (re- my wife) said we're keeping him, so now I'll have two in the house come fall!!! Go figure...

nwMOgsp

Post by nwMOgsp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:50 am

Mine has been gone for about a week, kids ask if it is time to pick him up almost every day. It is going to be a long 2 months.

Jason

reba

Post by reba » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:37 pm

Dropped my GSP puppy off Friday for one month of training.

My other two dogs think it's great!

gus

Post by gus » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:56 am

I try to call my wife a couple times a day and the conversation has started out each time how long the next 3 months will be waiting to pick her boy up. Keith

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:12 am

Gus

What is the breeding of your pup? Sure is a good looking dog.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

gus

Post by gus » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:20 am

Ezzy

His AKC name is Ammo's High Tide. We got him from a breeder in Georgia that trials and shows, they have a litter every year or two. I work overseas and don't have his pedigree with me to give you more info. Keith

BellaDad

Post by BellaDad » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:34 am

Now that's a smart trainer. Send you home with a "loaner" and then you end up buying it from him. He knows that you can't say no to a good looking pup.
MTO4Life wrote:My wife and I were that way last year when we dropped our girl off. This year was the same, however the trainer sent us back with a dog as a loaner. Turns out, the boss (re- my wife) said we're keeping him, so now I'll have two in the house come fall!!! Go figure...

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:45 pm

I dropped my pup off in May. My wife says shes going to go steal her back everyday. Thank god my pups in S. Dakota. We don't pick her up until October. Its been a long summer. Only thing that makes it worth it is the updates and pictures from the trainer. From what I understand she is doing really, really well. The breeder wants me to leave her with the trainer and trial her, but my wife will have none of that. She wants her "cuddle bug" back. We will see what happens after a couple derby trails this fall! Besides, shes MY pup. I get to make the decisions right? :D

kylenicholas02

Post by kylenicholas02 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:22 am

Yeah right... thats why I'm single and have trouble finding a girlfriend that will stay around... its so much easier getting a shorthair to cuddle anyway
:)
KN

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Ya, but I couldn't decide what pup to pick so I picked the one she liked. So now she thinks MY dog is hers! #$%^!!! I don't think I would have picked the pup t I did if it wasn't for my wife though. It wasn't my favorite, had curly hair, and was too independent! ........ However, she grew out of her curly hair and I fell in love with her. Heres a cell phone picture my trainer sent me. This is after the flush! Not a great picture, but I'm pretty proud of her!
georgia sd.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.