Brittany Breeder Questions

mark_sd

Brittany Breeder Questions

Post by mark_sd » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:49 pm

I'm looking for a good Brittany breeder... any recommendations? I am wondering about Chiefs Brittany's and Tru Brittany's to name a couple. Dog will be used for hunting and perhaps for hunt tests if I can wing it.
Mods - if posting about specific breeders is in violation of rules please delete or modify.

Thanks !!
Mark.

Casper

Post by Casper » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:05 pm

http://www.wildmtnbrits.com/

Just recently met these people. Real nice some great looking dogs.

Brian has one FC and another on its way only 2 points shy of it. His wife Helen has been breeding brittanys for some time I guess might give them a holler. I might think about getting one from them on a early spring litter if things work out that I can get another dog.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:36 am

All the above are good ones to look at....Marc, Dave and Helen all are very nice people also and care very much about what they produce

I do have a male pup available the Sire is 2x AmCH DC/AFC Redline's Tequila Smoker and the female is 1x NSTRA Tucalota Creek Picabo...

Then another one is maresh's rusty diamond MH bred to The whiz kid 2 males available in that litter

you can get more info on them at www.kninebirddog.com under the bulletin board
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Brittguy

Post by Brittguy » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:16 pm

Are you willing to have pup shipped or do you want it within driving distance?

mark_sd

Post by mark_sd » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:05 pm

Whata week...
Thanks for the input... I would prefer to pick up the pup myself, as I tend to think it would be harmful to the young pup. Then again, I've never shipped a puppy across the country before, so maybe its a little paranoia on my part :lol:.

Mark.

Powertrip

Post by Powertrip » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:18 pm

Hey Mark where in SD are ya? We have a place on IB..

We also have pups for sale although they are only 2 weeks old today they will be ready the 12th of November.

www.RemchesterBrittanys.com

We are 5 short hours away :-)

mark_sd

Post by mark_sd » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:51 pm

I have to wait until spring for my new pup... I'm just trying to get my "dogs" in a row at this point. I looked at all of the websites and everybody has great looking dogs that hunt, and it looks like there are lots of great choices for a new owner!
Powertrip - I'm up near SDSU - you gota place in IB huh? Cool!

Powertrip

Post by Powertrip » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:09 pm

Yes it is about 1/4 mile south of the pier right on the beach. It's alittle quiet for me but nice place to hang out.

Richard *UT*

Post by Richard *UT* » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:46 pm

Powertrip. Very nice looking, hunting dogs. All you people with all your great looking dogs make it hard on me. I like all of them. Its funny, when I first decided I wanted a hunting dog I knew more or less what I wanted. Now that I have one, I want them all. Brits, EP, Weims, GWP, all look better now then they used to. Just goes to show, the more you learn the more there is to know. Maybe that is why I have been a student for so long. :study: :drunken: :tongue10: