No E collar?

collinedward

No E collar?

Post by collinedward » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:58 am

How many people have never used an E collar on their dog ? My male I have never used one , but my female puppy seems to be a little more hard headed.

BDBUzi

Re: No E collar?

Post by BDBUzi » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:35 am

I've never used an ecollar on my dog.
But I did go to a Ben Garcia seminar a couple months ago and Ben used him do an intro to the ecollar. Jesse did very well with the collar. But I'm still not sure whether or not I want to use one. Mainly because I wanted to see how far I could take him without it and I really only hunt him with the Garmin.

Most of the areas we hunt are wide open country with little safety issues (that the collar could help with). I've also seen too many people try to take shortcuts with the collar (not necessarily using them to re-enfoce known commands) and I've also seen dogs stimulated while on point because they were out of site and the handler got a little nervous because they weren't responding to a recall command.

I'm helping my brother train his EP with a Tri-Tronics collar and we're getting very good results, so I'm not completely ignorant to their use. 8)

hpvizslas

Post by hpvizslas » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:17 pm

I have an eight year old and a five year old that I have not used the collar on to train. However, I just bought a collar to use with them as I continue enforcing the commands in the field at a longer range. I have not used it yet but am getting ready to transition them to its use. We will see how it goes.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:20 pm

I've never used one- but I do have this pup that thinks jackrabbits are something to catch

another good question would be- how many have to have the shock collar on to hunt theirs