Imported dogs from US

Francois P vd Walt

Imported dogs from US

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:37 pm

I have imported another two dogs from the US from Wildrose German Shorthair Charlie Rose, I have to say they all he said and more they are biddable & birdy. The last two girls came in young enough for us to friend up&train they now @ 11&12 months almost 100% broke!

We upgraded our pedigree page http://gsp-bullet.blogspot.com/p/dog-pedigrees.html and have some other nice pics on these girls on the blog. http://gsp-bullet.blogspot.com/

Wishing all a blessed Christmas & safe 2013 :D

Stoneface

Re: Imported dogs from US

Post by Stoneface » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:08 am

Very nice, Francois. Charlie's a nice guy and I hear his dogs are second to none.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:31 am

Stoneface wrote:Very nice, Francois. Charlie's a nice guy and I hear his dogs are second to none.
I do not know many US dogs I do know that what I have seen in the dogs from Charlie is possible to meet BUT will be very difficult to beat!

He does his best to send you what you ask for I managed 3 dogs from him and they are more than what I could have asked for locally.
He did not even know me gave me lots of advice and did his best to save me money all they way. I personally think he is someone to deal with if you do not whant to be let down. His knowledge of the breed and hunting with them is very GOOD.

We have become like family since we started dealing in dogs, he shares the same passion and love for dogs.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:24 am

What did it cost you to ship?

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:17 am

Congrats Francois!! nice pups. :D

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Francois P vd Walt wrote:I have imported another two dogs from the US from Wildrose German Shorthair Charlie Rose, I have to say they all he said and more they are biddable & birdy. The last two girls came in young enough for us to friend up&train they now @ 11&12 months almost 100% broke!

We upgraded our pedigree page http://gsp-bullet.blogspot.com/p/dog-pedigrees.html and have some other nice pics on these girls on the blog. http://gsp-bullet.blogspot.com/

Wishing all a blessed Christmas & safe 2013 :D
You have very nice website. I like the looks of your dogs. Three years ago, I attended one of S. Africa field trials north of Joburg. I could not walk very far at the time, because I just had a knee operation. But, it was a very enjoyable experience and I really like your trials on wild birds. I met some great people, a couple of individuals I remember were Fanie and Slang. I also remember meeting a couple of women there who trialed their dogs. One lady had an american import that did quite well and the other lady comes here to the states to compete in Bass tournaments.
To put a long story short, I had great time and plan on coming to S. Africa again this summer. I hope to see a couple of your dog trials while there.

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Ahumphers91a wrote:What did it cost you to ship?
Shipping from US to South Africa $2300 including overnight in Frankfurt dog hotel, they not allowed to fly such a long flight without a stop.

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:45 am

I feel I have to share this today I ran only my two American Wildrose Shorthairs they were amazing http://gsp-bullet.blogspot.com/ Dollar just blew me away today.

It was his best hunt in S Africa he walked on water for me and had the most finds giving his all, he hunted for four hours without stop.

I watched him run out to 600m and still staying in contact with me not once I had to look for him or recall him. I came over a hill decided to stop and watch Dollar run, he stayed within my field of view working. He again ranged out far not sure on distance since I was standing high up, he kept under the wind working up and down, all along possible finds, fence lines, river beds or anything that could hold birds. He accelerated over dead ground slowed down on cover working a full circle around the hill I was standing on. Not sure how long I was standing there just realised I was actually standing with my mouth open when I felt my throught getting dry. It felt like I was watching a movie of some trainer showing his totally broke dog and what can be achieved with a well bred dog. He dissapeared behind some thick grass and was gone, we walked down the hill towards were I saw him last 600m away. There he was still on point and preduced a single cock Swainsons Frankolin! He was steady on flush gave me one look that said, hey dad did you see that! He had a smile on his face and his eyes told the story of success. I was happy for we are now a team working together, we leave the hunting ground proud knowing we did good. I would like to thank Charles Rose of Wildrose German Shorthairs for making this day a memorable day, he bred this fine dog!

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:26 pm

Congrats to you & Dollar,sounds like you have a fine natural birddog & I wouldn't expect anything different from Cnarlie's dogs. :D

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:22 am

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:Congrats to you & Dollar,sounds like you have a fine natural birddog & I wouldn't expect anything different from Cnarlie's dogs. :D
+1 Charlie really breeds great dogs! :D