10 weeks old

BdBHunts

10 weeks old

Post by BdBHunts » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Here are some pictures from 2 weeks ago, when they were 10 weeks old, behind the house on our beach.

One training partner in the background, she is the keeper of the dogs and the official namer. :)
I was trying to ease them in but my other training partner expects alot from the pups or else is working on his arm as he was throwing them a little too far at first. :D
This fella didn't mind going in 5 or 6 times for the longer ones. Note the tail set, maybe I should have left some tails on.

The next thing is wild birds!

GottoHunt

Re: 10 weeks old

Post by GottoHunt » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:15 pm

BdB,

What kind of pups are they, they look like a belton setter with no tail:) Are they short hairs?

BdBHunts

Post by BdBHunts » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Braque du Bourbonnais pups that I bred. Mom is a white with very little ticking but dad is heavy ticked. My female looks and acts a lot like my brother-in-law's female setter other than the tail length and feathering.
Mom at 5 months
Dad

GottoHunt

Post by GottoHunt » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:08 pm

I have never seen them before, how do you like them, do you hunt them much.

Sir Buckwheat

Post by Sir Buckwheat » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:25 am

I haven't hunted with his BDB's (yet) but I've hunted with two others and they are really nice dogs...

SDMC

Post by SDMC » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:14 am

Great looking dogs! Do you kennel them or keep them in the house? I have two GSP puppies and have been looking for information on keeping multiple puppies.

BdBHunts

Post by BdBHunts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:08 pm

I have never seen them before, how do you like them, do you hunt them much.
I like them, the temperament is calm in the home but turn it on outdoors. They are what you may call a "softer" dog, harsh methods don't work well but they really are not needed with any breed, but that is not to say they can't take correction or hard going. I will pm you with some more info.

I try to hunt them as much as possible. I will be concentrating more on upland where I live now, duck hunting will be as the opportunity comes up while ptarmigan or snipe hunting and later when upland bird is closed.
Great looking dogs! Do you kennel them or keep them in the house? I have two GSP puppies and have been looking for information on keeping multiple puppies.
Thank you. Right now they are kenneled outside, as we are renovating a house, but will be inside except for daytime when they can go to the kennel. My daughter will have her pup in her room. If you got to pick your battles then that will be the one that I pick to go against the wife. :mrgreen: I may keep one or two in my room, if I do that there is no telling where MY room may be. :lol: When they go outside in their new kennel area they wil be able to watch the eagles on the island, loons swimming by and the ducks flying into the bay later in the fall.

Not long after I got my male a 7 year old GSP female came into the picture and she was a kennel dog that I had to house break as I had no proper kennel at the time. She wasn't too bad to train, at least she could hold her bladder longer than a pup. I have travelled with the pups and if they are in the crate together then they seem to control their bodily functions a little better.