Southland's Duke of Hearts

westexasrepublic

Southland's Duke of Hearts

Post by westexasrepublic » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:27 am

This is my new addition to the pack. He is a male French Brittany, as apposed to my female 4 yr old American Brittany who I have been working with since a pup. Duke is 10 months and growing, and I hope to update with hunting pics soon. Any advice or info on the difference in training or in general for French Britts over American Britts?

Soouthland's Duke of Hearts
Little Lady Maple

ImageEdit This PedigreeGet Your Free Pedigree Today! WEST TEXAS

TEX-X

Re: Southland's Duke of Hearts

Post by TEX-X » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:51 am

congrats on the new addition. i hope he works out great for you

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:07 am

They train the same as any birddog. They are both Brittanys, but ones family came over before the other one's did. Have fun with him and I am sure you will enjoy taking two to the field.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Welcome to the cult. Train the same. Birds first, obedience, gun intro with birds, hunt, formal train in the spring.

Where did you get yours at?

You will find a ton of hunt in your new pup.

Have fun. congrats.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

westexasrepublic

Post by westexasrepublic » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:55 am

Ive wasted no time and got him in the field yesterday, I wanted to see his natural instinct and let him watch my other dog work. He was reluctant at first, but then like something just clicked, and he was off...I didn't expect much since it was his first time, but it was funny when I set some birds on the tailgate of the truck and walked away, only to turn around and seen him bringing one of those birds to me. It is hard to describe how I felt knowing he was trying to please me already.

BTW I got him from a friend who bought him for his dads birthday. Of course it was one of those cases where someone wanted a bird dog but didn't want to put the time or money into him(some people think hunting dogs come out of boxes with instructions). Sadly the owner did what most people do and give up. My friend called and said he had this dog in his backyard for 4 months and didn't want it. I gladly took him out of the gross muddy chain link backyard of heck.
Little Lady Maple

Dave C

Post by Dave C » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:53 pm

Nice looking dog pal, good luck with him.

Dave.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:04 pm

westexasrepublic wrote:Image

BTW I got him from a friend who bought him for his dads birthday. Of course it was one of those cases where someone wanted a bird dog but didn't want to put the time or money into him(some people think hunting dogs come out of boxes with instructions). Sadly the owner did what most people do and give up. My friend called and said he had this dog in his backyard for 4 months and didn't want it. I gladly took him out of the gross muddy chain link backyard of heck.
That's one well blessed dog to have someone like you take him home. Enjoy him. ( He's smiling in the picture. :) )
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

westexasrepublic

Post by westexasrepublic » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:26 pm

well its been a year now, and season started today so id like to update everyone on his progress, pics say everything for me :mrgreen:

Little Lady Maple