Dog Boots

krjens

Dog Boots

Post by krjens » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:50 pm

I was wondering what you guys can tell me about dog boots. I've never used them on my dogs but one of my female GSP had major troubles with her pads recently and I've thought of trying them. She has had some cracks and bleeding when hunting chukars before but this time was much worse. What kind of boots do you use? How long do they last? Is there a better alternative? Any help would be appreciated.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Re: Dog Boots

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:53 pm

I have a pair of Lewis dog boots a buddy of mine got for me from the factory in Enid. He plays golf with the owner and they work great but I don't use them much. My dogs have tough feet now but it was not always that way. My Elhew used to have a problem with tender feet but I just kept taking him out and hunting him on rough country and he got used to it. I also have another pair of orange pvc type boots with velcro that I never use. I got them for my Miller female and she has never needed them.

bmacinok

Post by bmacinok » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:14 am

We get lots of sandburs and this is a cheap and excellent way to boot the dog:

http://www.oknavhda.com/boots.htm

Leaves the bottom for sand to fall out instead of getting in and rubbing the pads raw. Plus if you lose one they are cheap to make. Make a couple of sets and keep an extra in your vest when you are on long hikes in case you lose one.

bm

Justd

Post by Justd » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:58 pm

Has anyone tried the boots from the ugly dog magazine.