moesgaard's rhytym n blues ????'s

brookzee

moesgaard's rhytym n blues ????'s

Post by brookzee » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Moesgaard's rhytym n blues.
what did he win? i think he was a 2 or 3 time akc gundog national champion.did he win hour stakes? did he ever run in and all age stakes?
is he alive? if so can he bred to still? maybe there is frozen stuff?
did anyone on here see him go?
did he make winners, real bird dogs???
thanks, jason

Hotpepper

Re: moesgaard's rhytym n blues ????'s

Post by Hotpepper » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:30 pm

He did a lot of winning, several national titles, # 1 dog he produced is 2X NFC Willows on the Spot, the Wagonmaster's dog. Timmy was his call name and he was owned by Ruth Blank and handled by George Newcomb. Has been dead for several years. I saw him go a number of times.

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

TEX-X

Post by TEX-X » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:06 am

what do you know about the moesgaard line? i have a few moesgaard dogs in my pups pedigree and i've done some research and haven't really turned up alot of info.....sorry about the thread hijack..

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:00 pm

I believe the Moesgaards lines from Danish heritage, orignially from Germany, I think they were "rescued" from the Nazi general Goebel or Goering, who did not like the white and liver dogs and were sent to Denmark. (Hopefully Wagon Master, John L. can correct this he knows all about them and has read the history's.)
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

Saltriver

Post by Saltriver » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:51 am

What would you like to know? we have some pretty straight line bred moesgaard dogs and i have ped information back to Moesgaards IB (1953) and Doktorgaardens Lucky (1955) that were danish field champions brought over to the us in the 50's. this was the start of the moesgaard line over here. A guy by the name of alan bredsgaard in denmark still has dogs that were descendants from the same line and line bred in denmark. We have some of that blood as well. Don Gini of colorado stayed with this line from back in the 60's and that line is continuing today under his direction. there were a lot of good dogs of note in that bloodline, tell, brownl, fieldacres stuff, and i am not sure but i think burr oaks blood came of that as well (ask chip about that). we just did a breeding with chips jack to moesgaards victory which brings in a lot of old line moesgaard with some of alan bredsgaards more recent danish blood. The bloodline has been so spread out by now that there are a lot of dogs that go back to it at some point. This line has a pretty neat history with lots of accomplished dogs both from years ago as well as in more modern times.
justin

Saltriver

Post by Saltriver » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:56 am

Correction: Tell was another danish import. I would have to do some looking as to his background. he was bred with the moesgaard line here though so his blood is in with a lot of it.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Brookzee, I believe Jerry had mentioned he won quite a bit....I think he won the AKC NGDC twice and was RU once, maybe twice, not sure of all his AF wins...
I never saw Timmy, I have seen quite bit of Timmy offspring, to include Johns Spot dog...Timmy was a doublebred Rusty g-son, and most of the Timmy offspring I have seen were bred back to Luke, Mad Max, or Rusty bitches, that being said, the ones I saw were nice birddogs lots of natural point, back retrieve. The retrieve being very very prominent in the ones I saw, very natural back to hand, nice gunddog range. Mr. Merkel at Wrenegade kennels bred to Timmy quite a bit, may give him a call.
I'm not sure if he ran any AA stakes I think he was mostly a wide GD/SD type dog, no Idea on frozen
as for winners, like Jerry said he produced Johns Spot dog, other than that some NSTRA dogs not sure of others, as for birddogs from what I saw yes they were birddogs..
Maybe John (Wagonmaster) will pop in here and fill in the rest on Timmy...

Justin,
I believe you are right the last I talked to Alan, his dogs were linebred from the same import moesgaard dogs, most derived from the Holevgaard, Skovmaarken, Doktorgaarden lines....

Chip

Crestonegsp

Post by Crestonegsp » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Timmy was a double Dixieland's Rusty, both parents were out of him. Rusty does go back to Moesgaards - NFC Moesgaards Dandy, Moesgaards Dandy Star, FC Moesgaards Ruffy, FC Moesgaards Ruffy's Mindy, Moesgaards Dandy Tinka,
Intr. FC Moesgaards Ib, Moesgaards Arta, FC Moesgaards Ace, Moesgaards Pegus Fraulein, Moesgaards Swirling Suzy-Q and plenty of other great dogs.
Dan Schoenfelder

CH/FC PVR's Rugerheim Smokin' Liberty
CH/RUCH PVR's Rugerheim Double Shot
PVR N' Rugerheim Vendetta Ride
Rugerheim's Final Frontier

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:21 am

If you want to speak to Ruth Blank who owned Timmy, send me a pm and I will send her phone number. I do not know if she has any frozen semen. I have Timmy's cv at home. He had 25 American Field wins, some of those may be cross-sanctioned AKC weekend trials. His "wins by get" would be in the high 20's. As I recall he did well in the NGSPA Sharptail Chamionships several times. He won the AKC Pointing Dog Championships twice, the first time was when they still awarded the title NFC for that win. It was then changed to NGDC and he won that the second time. So his AKC titles are NFC NGDC FC AFC, plus several NGSPA hour championships. He was a big running shooting dog, I don't recall All Age wins but would have to double check, I could be wrong.

Be sure to spell his name right if you write Ruth. Moesgaards RB Rhythm N Blues. She is a musician (and a vet) and likes to see people get his name right.

The Moesgaard line originated in Denmark. The hallmark of the line is the distinctive white ticked coat. And in my opinion, the other hallmark is that they are bird dogs with great personalities.

However, if I were you I would also not overlook the Wayside Willie side of that equation.

scott townsend

Post by scott townsend » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:52 am

I have line bred five times back to Timmy, the results have been outstanding. I compete all of mine on the NSTRA circuit. Every pup that hit that circuit has went on to become a multi time champion. The last litter was through frozen seman. Ruth still has some but Im not sure if she is selling anymore. I have eight offspring from him and wish I had more.Crossed back to the Dixieland stuff produces great results, big run, great nose and style.Tons of stamina.Honest on their birds.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Thanks John I figured you would stop in and add to it.....did'nt mean to not mention the Antrim side....Spot sure is a nice dog, gotta a helluva personality with that smile of his... :D

Scott, I knew you had a quite a bit of the Timmy blood running through your dogs, That was my NSTRA reference...I believe a fellow Michigan NSTRA gut you may know bought a Timmy daughter (Faith) off of my buddy Rick, how'd she ever do for him?

Brookzee,
I have a good friend in Iowa who has a Timmy son bred back to a Luke x Bad News bitch, he is a nice dog shold have been trialed, runs a SD race, throws very nice natural pups, extremely natural to hand retrieving pups...he's been bred quite a bit, I know Merkel uses him some as well, had my hands on him he has a good bite, leggier dog...let me know if your interested in contact info, I'll PM it to you. I know he was still breeding this spring
Here's his ped...
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=606

Chip

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:28 pm

Talking to Rob, the smile came from Willie. also the ear and nose nibbling thing.

brookzee

Post by brookzee » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:52 pm

guys, i just know i want a sho nough good un to breed to. my bitch, imo, is a good un and i think i know alot but i dont. i dont know the history and what all is out there. i am a good student and study up but i know i dont know of all the possibilities. just wanting to hedge my bet in my favor. if i breed its cause i want something for me , like alot of you gents and ladies . i think you all know what i mean.maybe ill post a pedigree and describe the bitch, and let you guys make suggestions for me.

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:25 pm

One of Spot's brothers was not trialed but John (Wagonmaster) & I have seen him run and hunted over for seven years now and John will tell you Harley would've given Spot a run for his money. Very nice dog. PM John or me if you're looking for that pedigree & want a phone number.

Lots of good, tested studs out there. Hopefully you will get to see a number of good studs work in the field. If you decide to post a pedigree and description of your bitch it'd be helpful if you also add what you're looking for the stud to add to the breeding: broad chest, longer legs, more stretch along the back, natural retrieve, bidability, headstrong, intense, competitive, sweet disposition, more white, more liver, .... whatever
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:35 pm

One of Spot's brothers was not trialed but John (Wagonmaster) & I have seen him run and hunted over for seven years now and John will tell you Harley would've given Spot a run for his money.
Oh c'mon, what're you trying to sell! If it doesn't have a title or have been competed with its not any good!! :wink:

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

C'mon doc ... all he needs is an expert second opinion!
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

ga shorthairs

Post by ga shorthairs » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Here's a pic of Dixie ( Granddaughter of Rythm N Blues ). We don't trial, just mostly hunt, but I think she's got what it takes to be a very good trial dog.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.