Scott's TV series launches

Scott Linden

Scott's TV series launches

Post by Scott Linden » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:03 pm

Hey everyone,

A big thank you to everybody who provided feedback and suggestions ... my new TV series Wingshooting USA starts Wednesday and I invite you all to watch. It's a bit different than other shows about our favorite subject ... many of the features not only educate, but support gun dog rescue groups, conservation groups, and youth. Here's where to watch:

In Country TV, Dish Network Channel 230, Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m., Thursdays 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays 11:00 a.m., also on Sportsman Channel (DirecTV Channel 605) Thursdays at 12:30 p.m. and Saturdays at 11 p.m. (all times Eastern).
Follow the hunter with the longest nose!
http://scottlindenoutdoors.com

Shadow

Re: Scott's TV series launches

Post by Shadow » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 am

thanks- was watching for it to come up in September

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:04 am

I switched from Direct TV and now i don't get the channel :evil:

sjkennels

Post by sjkennels » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:31 am

is there anything on versus? thats all i got.
kick'em up knock'em down

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:18 pm

think you have a winner on your hands Scott- impressive- focus was on the dogs and not the advertising

you seem like a pretty down to earth type fella-
reminds me of "Hunting With Hank"

will be watching your next televised episode

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:33 pm

I liked it and will be watching it in the future.

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:37 pm

Thanks everyone. If you miss it, there are alternate times/days listed on my site. Also, watch all you want at the site, albeit on the (very) small screen. If you have Versus, there's a very good chance you get either Sportsman Channel (DirecTV 605) or In Country (Dish 230) ... check your channel guide.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:44 pm

Got it set to DVR every episode on my Dish Network. Heck I did not even know I had that channel and much less what was on it. That gives me more options for watching hunting shows now. Thanks. Have the episode DVR'd and as soon as I can get the remote from my wife and the boys put to bed I am going to watch it.

Ditch__Parrot

Post by Ditch__Parrot » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:18 pm

Watching it now. So far it looks great !!

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:48 am

Scott- there's a guy on another forum who is slamming it- you'll probably get some of that- I think it's more in line of what the average hunter actually experiences- trailers might not care- don't take offense

I'd say your channel shows a bit different programs than what most show- it's refreshing

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 am

Very entertaining and I liked it. It showed real hunting conditions. Sometimes it gets wet and hot out there and sometimes the only day you have a chance to hunt it is going to be poor scenting conditions but you get out there and make the best of it. Not every day is going to be in the 50's with a slight breeze and dry vegetation everywhere. I was partial to ole Jim. That was a fine looking pointer and from what I could tell he is going to make a fantastic bird dog when he gets some age and experience on him. He just needs birds shot over him. He seemed like a fairly started dog to me.

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:23 am

Shadow wrote:Scott- there's a guy on another forum who is slamming it- you'll probably get some of that- I think it's more in line of what the average hunter actually experiences- trailers might not care- don't take offense

I'd say your channel shows a bit different programs than what most show- it's refreshing
Thanks Shadow. I used to work in politics, so have thick skin. There's a griper in every bunch ... funny how many of them are trialers (but not ALL, just to make it clear). Luckily, this is America and they have the right to say their piece ... and use the remote.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:11 am

I've trialed but mainly just a hunter who likes being behind good dogs- for quite a few years in Kansas I'd put 3 down and hunt them all day three days in a row
to me that female Britt is a smart one-

Politics- sheese- that and religion I stay way away from

you said you were developing a differnt type program and asked for opinions - tough to please everyone- but as you are hearing we like it and look forward to the next one

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Folks, I appreciate your support and comments. I'd also appreciate you taking concrete action to help the organizations we support on the show and maybe win some great stuff for yourself, too. Go to my site and learn how to:

- Win a ton of Native performance dog food for a hunting dog rescue group and a TriTronics collar for YOU
- Win cash for a gun dog, conservation, hunter's, or related organization (from AKC to Bird Dog Hall of Fame to Utah Chukar Foundation) and $500 of Cabela's gear for YOU ... thanks to Black's Wing & Clay Waterfowl
- Win an appearance on the show for you and your child ... and hearing protection from ESP ... thanks to the National Shooting Sports Foundation

Tell your friends to vote, too! Thanks.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:25 pm

I am a long time field trialer and I enjoyed the show. Will watch it again, each week, the best of its kind by far.

We need to thank the sponsors by buying their products.

Ross Young has some very resonably priced prints, and the other sponsor are all top notch,

Neil

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:47 am

Neil wrote:I am a long time field trialer and I enjoyed the show. Will watch it again, each week, the best of its kind by far.

We need to thank the sponsors by buying their products.

Ross Young has some very resonably priced prints, and the other sponsor are all top notch,

Neil
Thanks Neil. And please vote at their sites. Everybody wins.

gspmo1

Post by gspmo1 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:16 pm

I watched the show last week and thought it was great! We need more shows like this one. I enjoy watching all upland hunting shows, but I think we all just really enjoy the dogs and the work they do. I have all future episodes set to record in case I miss them.

Keep up the good work.

gunner

Post by gunner » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:09 pm

Was that the show at the shooting preserve in Kansas?

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:44 am

gspmo1 wrote:I watched the show last week and thought it was great! We need more shows like this one. I enjoy watching all upland hunting shows, but I think we all just really enjoy the dogs and the work they do. I have all future episodes set to record in case I miss them.

Keep up the good work.
Thanks. I'm with you on enjoying the dogs ... whether it's a preserve or wild birds. I'd work mine on crows and meadowlarks if there was nothing else!

gunner

Post by gunner » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:22 pm

Would you ever admit to having eaten crow? :wink:

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:20 pm

gunner wrote:Would you ever admit to having eaten crow? :wink:
Tastes like spotted owl.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:58 am

watched this weeks episode 2nd time- got to hand it to you Scott- that's real hunting- liked the fact you joke a bit about the circle back to the hay bails-

very nice-

gunner

Post by gunner » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:26 am

Quote: "There's a griper in every bunch ... funny how many of them are trialers"

How would one know the difference between the two from an internet posting. Most postings like that are from individuals that have never ever even attended a field trial let alone having trained, handled or judged a good finished pointing dog. A fella could see in one weekend field trial so many more good performing dogs than the average bird hunter would own and hunt in his entire life.

I find it odd that some folks attempt to alienate trialers from hunters. Seems to be a popular pastime for a few on some of these internet bulletin boards.
Over the last half century of fooling with bird dogs, I never met a trialer that wasn't a dyed in the wool bird hunter first, usually a top notch dogman that kicked it up a level and decided they enjoyed the experiences of seeing finished dog work to the filling of a game pouch.
Reminds me of what the late Bill Brown wrote; “You can have more fun with a live quail than you can with a dead one...”

I did enjoy watching the watching the recent Montana show. I believe I've done business with nearly all of your sponsors.