WingShootingUSA

Shadow

WingShootingUSA

Post by Shadow » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:20 pm

Just finished watching the second series- Montana hunting with mother and daughter pointers-

wow- big diffrence in the first and then this one
I've never hunted in Montana but it sure looked like something that would be tough on dogs and hunters- and a hard to pin bird- nice footage- nice country- and nice to see a good time by all

Neil
GDF Junkie

Re: WingShootingUSA

Post by Neil » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:39 am

This one was GREAT!

I liked the first episode, but being pen birds it was well, about pen birds.

But wild bird hunting on Huns! WOW.

We need to promote this show with everyone we know, then must let the advertisers know how much they like it by buying their products.

It helps that Scott not only has a winner in the programing, but he has some of the best sponsors out there. I have used all of them except Native Dog Food for years (sorry, but I can't give up Purina, although I may buy some for the kennel dogs). They all make great products; ESP, Happy Jack, TriTronics, Upland Almanac, Ross Young are all at the top.

This is what hunting on TV could have always been,

http://scottlindenoutdoors.com/wingshoo ... -the-show/

Neil

maker4life

Post by maker4life » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:51 pm

Yep , saw it today . Loved the show , keep'em coming .

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:55 pm

DVR'd it yesterday and watched it today. Loved it as well. Nice country, nice people, great dogs. Gotta love those pointers.

gspmo1

Post by gspmo1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:49 pm

I am also a big fan of the show, Scott does a great job hosting the show. I couldn't agree more the second episode withd wild bird was great. I would like to plan a trip to Montana after that

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:08 am

the way they headed out with only the goal to spend a good time with good dogs just sums up what many of us do-

I liked that their intent was to cover ground in a wide swinging circle- let the dogs cover all the likely places- also liked that Scott showed how to keep track of the pointers by using the terrain
one would wonder just how far those two pointers ranged- looked like they got out there pretty good

darn pretty bird- nice to explain and show

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:15 am

tommyboy72 wrote:DVR'd it yesterday and watched it today. Loved it as well. Nice country, nice people, great dogs. Gotta love those pointers.
you're right Tommy- thing that caught my attention after two episodes was not about how many birds
and the easy attidude with some joking sure is nice to see on TV hunting
I think many of us can relate

how about that mother and daughter thing- priceless

Grange

Post by Grange » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:36 pm

I tried to DVR the episode, but my cable company changed the channel line-up on me and I ended up taping some kids show from the Disney Channel instead.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:53 pm

Mother daughter thing was a nice touch. Really helped to make the show.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:40 pm

Grange wrote:I tried to DVR the episode, but my cable company changed the channel line-up on me and I ended up taping some kids show from the Disney Channel instead.
what I've seen is that it comes on three times a week-same show- look for it again Saturday- then next week it'll be another episode- think you'll enjoy this weeks- check the listings for your local channels for tomorrow

next week I figure it'll be different hunting, different country, different dogs- think we'll be seeing different type dogs each week

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:31 pm

Wow. I am humbled by your kind comments. Thank you.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show and promise more variety in the future. Please, please, with kibble on top, remember to vote for your favorite "Hot Dog" and their charity could win cash, at www.blackswingandclay.com; for your favorite breed and win a ton of food for its rescue club at www.nativedogfood.com; and take one of your kids hunting on the show if you win at www.wingshootingusa.org. And spread the word!

PS: Mom & daughter will make a return engagement later in the season!
Follow the hunter with the longest nose!
http://scottlindenoutdoors.com

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:50 am

why heck Scott- you teased us with the first episode- then you showed the real one- couldn't vote for hot dog- mother has the experience but the younger girl sure looked like she was about there- there's something to be said about a youngster being with an experienced one and actually benefitting- if they both have maners

something you might mention on your next program- "these are also house dogs" many actually have manered dogs in the field and house- being that a good bird dog doesn't need to be in the kennel all the time

Streenie79

Post by Streenie79 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:57 am

Hey Shadow.......

Dang, I missed the show. I've got regular cable here (no dish or the like)......What exactly is the name of the show and what channel is broadcasting it? I'd love to see it.

Streenie

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:26 am

hi Streenie- best you look at Scott's post above- http://www.wingshootingusa.org is the plave to go- I get it three times a week on Dish 230-"WingShootingUSA" figure each week has a different episode, different dogs, different county, different birds

comes on this evening at 6:30pm for me

there are also some other hunting progams on the same channel right arround the same times- one thing we asked Scott aways back was to keep it coming at a regular time

you can also view the episodes on that web- although smaller than your TV- I've got a 60" Hitachi and sit in front of it- :) it's on this evening- new episode- maybe you can check with someone who has access to the channel- bring a snack over and watch- think you'll like it- I think what we'll see in the episodes is finished dogs and regular ole bird dogs- meaning- what some of us have- a taste for everyone

phillipsgsp

Post by phillipsgsp » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:26 am

Scott, love the show. keep up the good work. We need more bird dog shows on tv, gettin tired of always watching deer hunting.

Chad
"GET THE POINT" http://www.phillipsgundogs.com Family and Shorthairs, it don't get any better than that!
Phillips' Tiptoe'n Tucker MH
Phillips' Lucy in Diguise SH

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:44 pm

I watched the second show at work today. Great show! I have to watch online as it is not on Comcast cable in my area :(

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:05 pm

I am just about to head in the bedroom and watch the third episode that just dvr'd a few minutes ago.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Just watched this weeks episode and nice shooting with the 2 in 1 shot double. Looked like some tough walking and I had to feel for that lab and what that milo did to her face but she was a trooper and kept on hunting. I usually prefer to gather dead birds as I shoot them but to each his own and it seemed to work out for you guys. Keep the good entertainment coming. I really enjoy the show.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:34 am

agree with you Tommy- I've hunted that stuff quite a bit over the years- never had a Britt get the face messed up
wonder if it was because that lab had the head down more than the GSP
do have to say, in conditions like that I'd say the flushing lab would be the one I'd want to be behind- course I'd have to change choke tubes and loads
mine would be hard to hunt in those conditions

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:15 pm

Shadow wrote:why heck Scott- you teased us with the first episode- then you showed the real one- couldn't vote for hot dog- mother has the experience but the younger girl sure looked like she was about there- there's something to be said about a youngster being with an experienced one and actually benefitting- if they both have maners

something you might mention on your next program- "these are also house dogs" many actually have manered dogs in the field and house- being that a good bird dog doesn't need to be in the kennel all the time
Good point, Shadow. I guess I presume most folks keep their dogs in the house like I do, but you're right. Thanks.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:45 am

you're welcome Scott- btw- outstanding that you find the time to come on here

reason I said that is because there are still some who think bird dogs are abused when they are left in the kennel and have this perception that bird dogs aren't good in the house

when I first came to Kansas in 71 the guys I ran arround with believed you had to keep them in a kennel
they gave me a young EP female second year and said never bring them inside-
oh sure! you bet- every night she slept with me- and two wondered why she changed and actually paid attention to me in the field
I've found a big advantage in having mine in the house and still being quite content when in the kennel- seems they catch on that they won't be locked up all that much

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Mine is dozing on the couch right now after a long bird/steadying session. We are tuning up for our next TV trip. Details at my site, including some cool videos. We are a team!

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:24 am

new episode last night- English and Irish Setter- that 11 year old Irish sure did a nice job- still the only program I've ever watched where it shows so much dog work- Scott can shoot and it's nice to see the kidding and laughing

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:55 pm

Great show Scott. Those dogs and you guys made the best of wet and nasty conditions. Dogs could not have been able to scent that well with that much water on the ground. Looked like you guys were walking a swamp. The birds seemed to be strong fliers as well for the wet conditions. Keep the good entertainment coming.

Tom