Prince's Quality Gun Dogs anyone herd of them

sjkennels

Prince's Quality Gun Dogs anyone herd of them

Post by sjkennels » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:21 pm

well sadly to say i got a new job that im working 6 days a week. and i cant work my dogs like i should. so i am thinking about sending them off to this guy. to have them finished. i have talked to him many times. and he seems to know what he is talking about. so i was gonna see what you guys knew or thought about him. please let me know any info that you guys have.
kick'em up knock'em down

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Re: Prince's Quality Gun Dogs anyone herd of them

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:26 pm

I would PM Ted @vzkennels I know he has had some success dealing with them, to what extent I am not sure...Teds screen name is vzkennels on here

Chip

Johnk

Post by Johnk » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:12 pm

I know a number of individuals who are very well thought of in the proper breeding and training of GSP's that speak extremely highly of John Prince.

Honest, straight forward and will deliver and stand behind his training methods. Honesty with his client about his dog's potential is so important as some breedings do not always produce the dog in which the owner wants in the end. If you have an excellent "student" than I believe John would be a great choice.

He is not a field trial, horseback trainer so if that is the game you are looking to get into then I would go a different direction.

His pedigrees come from a long line of excellent, time proven gsp stock which should tell you that he is serious about his chosen profession.

Good luck!

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:21 pm

+1 on the above!!

winchestermodel50

Post by winchestermodel50 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:12 pm

I've never dealt with John, but I have visited with him on occaision. I know people who have dealt with John and for whom John has trained their dogs. He knows what he is doing and if you reach an agreement on what the results of the training will provide, I think John will deliver. He does have some nice dogs and I believe that training and dog sales is his full time occupation.